Cows knocked my feeder over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cows knocked my feeder over

Land owner called and told me the cows got to it I guess wrapping the feeder
    With one 16ft cattle panel didn’t work

I’m try to save some money is tight right now any one got any ideas

You will save more money in the long run buying more panels, to expand the area around the feeder.. If using cattle panels you might want to cut them down in a couple of areas for the deer to jump in and out.

Comment

Stake it down man!!

Comment

Tpost

Comment

Hang it from a tree.

Comment

Like mentioned....drive t-posts next to the legs and wire them on. Place some pvc pipe over the top of the t-post for safety measures.

Comment

T-post and wire

Comment

As others have said t-post at an angle and strap them to the legs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut the stakes shorter. That looks extremely dangerous.

Comment

I drive a t post at an angle parallel to the feeder legs. Never had a cow knock one over that way.

I have had them bust the spinner off though. It was on a feeder without a varmint cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive my post the same angle as the legs then use 12 gauge wire to tie them together when not using a pen. Very effective and you don’t have to worry about getting impaled.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200527_091403.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24629486

I haven't had a cow get in in 3 years, and i have pushy cows.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          [ATTACH]1018537[/ATTACH]

I haven't had a cow get in in 3 years, and i have pushy cows.
                          Dang I thought my feeder pen was big at 32' diameter. How big is that one?

I use barb wire on mine. For 8 years it kept the cows out. This spring they got in. The wire had gotten a little saggy because a pecan tree fell on it. I tightened the wire on Monday and think it'll keep them out again.

Comment

I love steak.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                              I drive my post the same angle as the legs then use 12 gauge wire to tie them together when not using a pen. Very effective and you don’t have to worry about getting impaled.

That’s smart. I’m usually too fat and lazy so using the forks or bucket to drive the t post at the opposite angle works best for me. I’ve actually been wanting to replace all my feeders with stand and fill but it’s hard to spend $600 plus when a new motor, battery, solar panel, or timer will fix most issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X