No announcement yet.

Youth Rifle weekend question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really that complicated? The kid is the one hunting so for starters there shouldn't be two rifles in the blind. The kid should understand that bad shots happen and be ready for a follow up. As mentioned just be patient and get him a 40 yard shot.

Let's be honest here. This thread is 99% talking about a dad being impatient and trying to take a buck and not wanting it to get away. People talking about "wasting a resource" need to give me a break. Do you stop and bow your head for a few seconds crying about the waste for every one of the hundreds of thousands of deer hit by cars?

And the only way to be fast enough for a follow up would be if Dad was aiming at the same time the kid was shooting. If you want to do that just wait a week until the season opens. Why is that so difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Is this really that complicated? The kid is the one hunting so for starters there shouldn't be two rifles in the blind. The kid should understand that bad shots happen and be ready for a follow up. As mentioned just be patient and get him a 40 yard shot.

Let's be honest here. This thread is 99% talking about a dad being impatient and trying to take a buck and not wanting it to get away. People talking about "wasting a resource" need to give me a break. Do you stop and bow your head for a few seconds crying about the waste for every one of the hundreds of thousands of deer hit by cars?

And the only way to be fast enough for a follow up would be if Dad was aiming at the same time the kid was shooting. If you want to do that just wait a week until the season opens. Why is that so difficult?
      No.....^^^^^^ not really.
      My son broke th back of the second deer he shot. The buck was trying to flee with his front legs. I had him shoot again and he missed and got really flustered and upset so i took the third shot and killed it. It was not illegal and had nothing to do with a " dad being impatient"

Comment

Working...
      X