Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which compartment are you in?

Comment

The orange cone of shame is where you are supposed to hunt. You can setup a popup anywhere you want as long as you can see the pink ribbon / tape

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I guess they are calling it 13 north middle a doe just started to come in

Comment

The doe is a small 4 point I can’t see if he has buddies

Comment

Hot as balls is right.
              I’m in my back yard hunting. Best of luck to ya

Comment

He is feeding to me with the wind at his back but I can only take one branched antler

Comment

He is at 47 yards

Comment

I think I am passing if it was a doe I would have sent it

Comment

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you!! I can’t wait for the hunt in December!

Did they let you put corn out?

Is there camping available or did you have to get a hotel room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did this hunt a few years ago. Few other fellers on the green screen did as well.

The hunt was a week or two after the bridge washed away on the Colorado river from all the rain. And when my area of north Texas registered 24” of rain in 30 days

The week before the archery hunt, the main park road washed out in multiple places so there was only two compartments accessible and available there on the right of the rock when you are at the HQ. Everyone else was given about a 5-8 acre “compartment” to hunt between the campgrounds/HQ and the rock. Needless to say I was immediately let down when I learned of this. Saw atleast one deer each day but couldn’t get it done.
                            Hindsight I wouldn’t have used my points on this hunt had I known that over half the park and the compartments I would’ve preferred to hunt would be off limits.
                            I will give the tpwd staff credit on making do with the situation dealt. The tpwd lady in charge was super helpful and friendly.

One observation. The deer I had in my area we’re not like ordinary state park deer. They disliked the pop up blind and would stare at it for an eternity. Had to brush it in and ultimately I just sat in the ground in a leafy suit. I found a good live oak that was dropping and had good deer sign and hunted that. All the deer I saw were coming to that and not corn.. Corn wasn’t touched with the exception of hogs at night, per the trail cam.
                            No one saw any exotics but there was supposedly axis in the camp grounds.
                            All in all
                            Good luck to you. Hope to see some good pictures/updates.

Comment

All is quiet now. Yea you can camp $18 a day and there are showers. You can bring corn. They were throwing out like a coffee can a day so I wouldn’t corn too much... an hour left and 10% on my phone I really need to get an external battery pack

Comment

Love a live park hunt. Will be at the Daughtry for a management hunt Dec 1.

Best of luck to ya.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X