No announcement yet.

Tractor Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Kubota B2601 (no emmision system) with a 4' brush cutter, 5' box blade, and pallet forks. It does all I need it to do. If I need some really heavy duty work done my neighbor has a dozer and track excavator. I will hire them. I have the dozer at my place now. We are going to build a drainage basin with a 36" diameter drop pipe to correct some erosion issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Many of the implements you can buy for your tractor are for specialized use. Sometimes it’s better to borrow or rent them, because it’s one thing to buy them but it’s another thing to have to store them. Of those we have, the two attachments I consider to be the “work horses” of the group are the front-end-loader and the pallet fork. The FEL has many obvious uses but we use the pallet fork for any number of things. In addition to moving round bales of hay, they are handy for picking up and moving almost anything from one place to another. They are particularly useful for pulling tree stumps (especially those with long tap roots), old fence posts, a young bull who got his head stuck in the fork of two trees, and children.

Comment

Kubota

Comment

Buy orange

Comment

We have Kubota, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, Alice Chalmers , and a farm all cub. For what you want the Kubota B2601 will handle everything you need. Our Massey Ferguson 245’s are my favorite tractors to use on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Whatever you get, make sure you get front wheel assist. Without it the fel will be useless for anything more than very light work. Cutter to match hp, box blade if you actually need it, post hole digger if you’re gonna build a bunch of fence, otherwise you’ll be wondering why you bought it. Even if I were gonna build fence I’d rent a skid steer for a day before I’d buy a hole digger. Much easier to precisely position and you’re not looking backward trying to get it done.
              Man you are right about everything you said

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                Many of the implements you can buy for your tractor are for specialized use. Sometimes it’s better to borrow or rent them, because it’s one thing to buy them but it’s another thing to have to store them. Of those we have, the two attachments I consider to be the “work horses” of the group are the front-end-loader and the pallet fork. The FEL has many obvious uses but we use the pallet fork for any number of things. In addition to moving round bales of hay, they are handy for picking up and moving almost anything from one place to another. They are particularly useful for pulling tree stumps (especially those with long tap roots), old fence posts, a young bull who got his head stuck in the fork of two trees, and children.
                This is true. You can spend a lot of money on implements that you mighz use once a year or less. The pallet forks are one that does not fall in that category. They get used a lot. You can even store your other implements on pallets to make moving them easy if they get in your way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some thoughts. I have a 3038e for 5acres and like it, but can be a little light it doing a lot of bucket work but wanted hydrostatic transmission as I need to maneuver tight places. Some of the smaller big tractors are good options.

I read an article back a few months again about which models to avoid. There were a few Kabota and JD’s but mostly the subcompact models and the rest were anything else as harder to get parts and resale is not there on some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a kubota L3400 on 21 acres. Been a few times where I wish it was bigger but for the most part I've been happy. Really wish I had the quick detach bucket.

Comment

I’d look at a Kubota L4701. That’s what I have, I’ve worked on smaller tractors and I’d rather being overgunned than wishing I had bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                        Always good advice. There are tons of options out there. I'm just not sure what I need. THere are some things that seem better for convience factor but do they make sense to spend the money on? You know what I mean.

I'm just completely new to this side of things.
                        Also, I would get one that doesn't have the emission system.

Comment

Get a big skid steer loader on tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            Get a big skid steer loader on tracks.
                            That works for alot of things but not shredding.

Comment

I run a little older Ford Tractors and love them. Easy to work on when needed and absolute work horses. I'd look for something 50+ HP, Diesel and that should allow you to do most anything on 15 acres. You can find them with buckets or add them on as well. Ford 4600, Ford 5000 can probably find one used for $5k-$7500. It'll pull an 8ft mower easily as well.

Here's one on FB Classifieds

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-09-2020, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                                That works for alot of things but not shredding.

While I agree that a skid steer is not for you that is exactly what they use to shred the power line ROW on my place near you.

Comment

Working...
                                X