PSA truck exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA truck exhaust

Nothing like a V8 with a a heavy rumble right? Easy peasy, just do a simple muffler swap to a Magnaflow 14419 bullet. Not too loud not too quiet and sounds like a truck should. Beautiful mellow rumble with no obnoxiousness.

Enter the temptation to try and outsmart everything I read and watched online (I.e., I’m an idiot) and take the truck back to have the resonator deleted. Worst idea I have ever had. Set off my neighbor’s car alarm when I started it this morning and that beautiful deep rumble is now a brap brap brappy horrible sound combined with deafening cabin drone and noise.

So now like a fool parted with his money, I am paying to re-install the stock resonator (thankfully the shop hadn’t scrapped it yet) and going back to the world of moderation and reason.

Just be careful how aggressive you think you want it if you go with a cat back system. It royally sucks when you overshoot what you wanted and have to pay twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure my testosterone levels just spiked after reading this. Now I feel this previously unforeseen need to make my truck loud.er.

Thanks for the sage advice Txpitdog.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Pretty sure my testosterone levels just spiked after reading this. Now I feel this previously unforeseen need to make my truck loud.er.

Thanks for the sage advice Txpitdog.

I can tell you this much, if you delete the resonator and have a straight through muffler, your testosterone levels will plummet when your nads retreat into your body to hide from the completely asinine level of noise in the truck. Mine are just beginning to descend again, cautiously of course.

Comment

Why have an avatar pic of someone else welding?

Comment

I guess I never succumbed to the noisy trucks. I always liked mine quiet, makes it easier to slip around the woods without disturbing the wildlife.......

Comment

It’s much harder to road hunt with a loud exhaust - Any East Texas Hunter

Comment

Ahhhh yeah. A good set of Hedman headers with a couple of Cherry Bombs and pipes cut off about a foot past the cab under the bed. Music to the ears.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Nothing like a V8 with a a heavy rumble right? Easy peasy, just do a simple muffler swap to a Magnaflow 14419 bullet. Not too loud not too quiet and sounds like a truck should. Beautiful mellow rumble with no obnoxiousness.

Enter the temptation to try and outsmart everything I read and watched online (I.e., I’m an idiot) and take the truck back to have the resonator deleted. Worst idea I have ever had. Set off my neighbor’s car alarm when I started it this morning and that beautiful deep rumble is now a brap brap brappy horrible sound combined with deafening cabin drone and noise.

So now like a fool parted with his money, I am paying to re-install the stock resonator (thankfully the shop hadn’t scrapped it yet) and going back to the world of moderation and reason.

Just be careful how aggressive you think you want it if you go with a cat back system. It royally sucks when you overshoot what you wanted and have to pay twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Terrific write up! I've been there before, feel your pain.

Comment

Thank goodness it’s back to the way it was. Even a little quieter now with the duals out the back. If I’d have known then what I know now, I would have left it at the simple muffler swap, but fortunately the muffler shop was super freakin cool about it, so I am still into it less than a cat-back kit. Looks good. Sounds good, and most of all, not obnoxious.

So remember kids, the resonator is your friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I guess I never succumbed to the noisy trucks. I always liked mine quiet, makes it easier to slip around the woods without disturbing the wildlife.......
                      this......

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Yep. Loud is annoying ( IMO ). My 2002 Z71 is super quiet, and easy to turn all the lights off. I much prefer using it when I can vs a utv when pig hunting corned roads at night.

Comment

I’m thinking of going the opposite way. When I deleted my Ram I replaced the downpipe and installed a race pipe but kept the muffler back.

There was a certain RPM where the drone would buzz your ears pretty good so I recently installed a resonator. It killed all drone in the cab but it’s nearly as quiet as stock on the outside as well.

Now I’m thinking of removing the resonator because I think it’s too quiet.

I definitely do not want it straight piped but I had grown to like the tone without the resonator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

5" turbo back...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I’m thinking of going the opposite way. When I deleted my Ram I replaced the downpipe and installed a race pipe but kept the muffler back.

There was a certain RPM where the drone would buzz your ears pretty good so I recently installed a resonator. It killed all drone in the cab but it’s nearly as quiet as stock on the outside as well.

Now I’m thinking of removing the resonator because I think it’s too quiet.

I definitely do not want it straight piped but I had grown to like the tone without the resonator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check out the Vibrant resonators. There’s a regular bottle style and an ultra quiet. I was going to go with one of these if I’d not been able to put the stock one back in. They kill the drone but allow the exhaust tone to pass through unmuffled.

Comment

Working...
                              X