Barcelo Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcelo Maya

Headed to Barcelo Maya in Rivera Maya on Thursday. Anybody ever been to this resort? Taking wife and two boys 7 and 10. Any tips or must do’s?

My favorite place in Mexico. We have been a few times. Which one are you staying at? We always did Palace and upgraded to premium so we could do alacart restaurants every night. All 3 restaurants at Palace are amazing, but they are all really good! Another favorite is the hibachi grill at the mall. Bring your snorkel gear too. There is a pretty good reef right in front of Palace. Lots of sea turtles too. Grab a couple bananas at breakfast and take them out with you and the turtles will eat them right out of your hand. Your kids will love it. My son likes the kids area in front of Tropical better than the one at palace. There are more slides and they are a little bigger there. Oh and tip the gardeners and they ask them to get you a coconut and they will cut the top off. Take it to the bar and they will make your drink and pour it in the coconut. We thought that was pretty cool.
    Last edited by ColinR; 05-25-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      My favorite place in Mexico. We have been a few times. Which one are you staying at? We always did Palace and upgraded to premium so we could do alacart restaurants every night. All 3 restaurants at Palace are amazing, but they are all really good! Another favorite is the hibachi grill at the mall. Bring your snorkel gear too. There is a pretty good reef right in front of Palace. Lots of sea turtles too. Grab a couple bananas at breakfast and take them out with you and the turtles will eat them right out of your hand. Your kids will love it. My son likes the kids area in front of Tropical better than the one at palace. There are more slides and they are a little bigger there. Oh and tip the gardeners and they ask them to get you a coconut and they will cut the top off. Take it to the bar and they will make your drink and pour it in the coconut. We thought that was pretty cool.
      Palace and I think we are premium. Thanks! Good info

Comment

I took the family there in January and I honestly wasnt too impressed. I have been to about 10 different resorts around cancun/playa and this one would be on the bottom end. The best thing about going was 2 of the resorts were closed so there werent as many people and the kids pool on the far end away from palace was completely empty so we had that to ourselves for the majority of the day.
        We also did the dolphin experience and even though it was a smaller enclosure the trainers were awesome and we really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adthomps View Post
          I took the family there in January and I honestly wasnt too impressed. I have been to about 10 different resorts around cancun/playa and this one would be on the bottom end. The best thing about going was 2 of the resorts were closed so there werent as many people and the kids pool on the far end away from palace was completely empty so we had that to ourselves for the majority of the day.
          We also did the dolphin experience and even though it was a smaller enclosure the trainers were awesome and we really enjoyed it.
          What’s your top 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Adthomps View Post
            Curious, were you at palace? And were your premium? We have been to several of the nicer resorts down there and this one was head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe something changed since all the covid crap.

Comment

Working...
            X