UPS lost package what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS lost package what to do?

So I sold a small car part to a gentleman in Kentucky, it’s been a few weeks and the item is showing not delivered. The guy has been messaging me about it, what’s the next step? I believe the package has a $100 insurance, the guy paid me $130 shipped. Is it a easy process to get that insurance money back? Should I fork back the $130? Im confused on what to do, never had this issue before.

Try to file a claim but reimburse him immediately. Ups has gotten horrible and IF you can get anyone on the phone it will be from a foreign call center and I hope you have better experience with them than I have.

Comment

File claim with them
      Give refund
      Is what I have done in similar situations..
      No one’s fault.. but I want to be fair on my end even if means loosing a little.

Comment

I agree, UPS sucks! If it does get delivered its either been opened or smashed!

Comment

In the future ask the buyer if he wants to pay for additional insurance to cover the item. That covers you from taking a hickey.

Comment

Reimburse him the $130, file a claim with UPS & get your hundy back, it's just the right thing to do. I know it sucks, but no ones fault but UPS. UPS has gotten bad, that's why when I do use them I over insure just incase.

I had a sporting goods store send my favorite go to 25-06 back to Ruger for some work....well long story short they lost it..... store made it right as far as monitary value but I never got my favorite gun back & they dont't make the LH hawkeye 25-06 anymore . Good news is my wife ended up with a new Tika T3 6.5 topped with Leupold vx3

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
              No one’s fault.. .
              Oh it’s definitely SOMEONE’s fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Oh it’s definitely SOMEONE’s fault.
                I guess I shoulda worded it better :-)))

Not yours are your customers fault!!

Thank you for keeping me in line fishindude

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                  I guess I shoulda worded it better :-)))

Not yours are your customers fault!!

Thank you for keeping me in line fishindude
                  Lol. Just sayin’...

Comment

Give refund

Make claim. Wait. Wait some more. Then wait some more.

I have gotten to the point that I really only half-way trust FedEx (sure it is only a matter of time with them as well).

All of the other shippers/mail services have all lost packages to never be seen again.

I have a pending lost claim for a parcel that I mailed to family with the United States Postal Service that has been under investigation for over a year. Total joke at this point.

Comment

UPS just recently "lost" a Greenworks chainsaw that I bought on Amazon. I really don't understand how that happens, unless it's stolen from the facility or the truck by a UPS employee. When I finally called Amazon, they were more than happy to ship another, no problem, no charge. Makes me wonder if they ever shipped the first one?

Comment

UPS lost a very important package of mine in the Kentucky warehouse. When I called UPS helpline they just said after so many days the deem it lost after looking on computer and seeing no activity for 5 days. The seller himself called and escalated the situation and they found the package in the facility in 10 minutes and even sent it super priority and I had it next day.

My thing is...if we wouldn't have escalated past the useless UPS helpline...where would my package be right now? and who would be enjoying it? Just seemed really shady.

Comment

You think UPS is horrible, you need to deal with USPS, your claim is automatically denied and if you get anything it will be very little.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                            You think UPS is horrible, you need to deal with USPS, your claim is automatically denied and if you get anything it will be very little.
                            USPS is definitely the worst. It really makes me mad, when I pay for UPS shipping and they hand it off to USPS. I will watching the tracking, and seeing how the pack is making it's way to me quickly. Then they hand it off to USPS, then watching the tracking is a waste of time, they don't update where the package is or where it's going. The package can go across the country in three days when UPS has it, then take another three to four days to get to me from the local post office where UPS dropped the package off at. What a waste of efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              USPS is definitely the worst. It really makes me mad, when I pay for UPS shipping and they hand it off to USPS. I will watching the tracking, and seeing how the pack is making it's way to me quickly. Then they hand it off to USPS, then watching the tracking is a waste of time, they don't update where the package is or where it's going. The package can go across the country in three days when UPS has it, then take another three to four days to get to me from the local post office where UPS dropped the package off at. What a waste of efficiency.
                              I like when you get USPS 3-4 day shipping and you watch the tracking get it to your local Post Office in 1 day, then it sits there another 2-3 days, or 4, until it's delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X