RV repair..what is this called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV repair..what is this called?

09 Keystone Fuzion 5th wheel. Im not an electrician, but pretty sure this is my problem. Good battery. All the 12v stuff works off the remote control, but they wont work off their individual switches. I have power at the wires coming in labeled power, none at the others. Anyone ever have one of these repaired? From what Ive seen online, a replacement is about $700. Any cheaper ones that work as well?
    Attached Files

I always call it a relay or control box. I have never repaired one, but I have replaced a few. I would make sure you have continuity through your manual switches or at least power to your manual switches. I don't see all the switches going out at once though

Comment

Do you have 12v at the screws that say “to manual switches”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make sure your battery is hooked up correctly
        Ive seen guys hook em up wrong bc there is not typical red and black but white and blue or something else

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Do you have 12v at the screws that say “to manual switches”

No, only at power and not at any of the other leads

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            Make sure your battery is hooked up correctly
            Ive seen guys hook em up wrong bc there is not typical red and black but white and blue or something else
            It is. Everything was working, was raising landing gear and it quit. Thats how this all started.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post

Do you have the remote? I would try putting new batteries in and attempting to reprogram them. If that doesn’t work, chances are you need a new unit.

Comment

Unless there is a fuse somewhere it looks like that unit is bad if you aren’t getting power out to the switches.

Comment

Do you have the remote? I would try putting new batteries in and attempting to reprogram them. If that doesn’t work, chances are you need a new unit.

Yes, as i said, with the remote, everything works. Thats why i ruled it down to that box.

Comment

I have no idea how that box works but looks to me like you could connect the power in to the manual switch out the test your light switches. Looks to me like you have power in and power out on the remote side but no power out on the manual side.

Comment

I would run jumper wires from the power terminals to the manual switch terminals before I spent $700 on a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        I would run jumper wires from the power terminals to the manual switch terminals before I spent $700 on a new one.

Yes do this but the remote feature won’t work. Just remove the wires that say to switch and Connect them on the same terminals as the power wires.

Comment

Yes do this but the remote feature won’t work. Just remove the wires that say to switch and Connect them on the same terminals as the power wires.

So if i ran jumpers like this pic, then the switches work, but not the remote? Which is what i was thinking and Id be fine with before spending $700
                          Attached Files

Comment

So if i ran jumpers like this pic, then the switches work, but not the remote? Which is what i was thinking and Id be fine with before spending $700

No, from the wires on the right to the wires on the top

Comment

That's your receiver for the remote. If everything works from your remote then this is not likely your problem. If none of the manual switches work (awning, gear, etc....) then it may be the receiver. Here's a replacement if you confirm it's bad.
                              5th Wheel RF Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by bakin7005; 04-05-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X