Jumping the string from box blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping the string from box blinds?

Hi. Question. I bought three box blinds recently for rifle and bow hunting axis deer here in Lousiana. Large high fence. They are not tame at all. Three times now at 30-35 yards the axis jump the string. When bow goes off it’s pretty loud in the blind vs tree stand. Do u guys ever have them jump the string when shooting from a box blind? Crazy how fast they are. I don’t have that issue from a tree stand. Any suggestions? Noise dampening somehow? Thx!!

are you shooting a crossbow?
    may want to look into dynamat.. that stuff is amazing

Comment

Just insulate the blind and get a heavier arrow. Both with tame the sound of the bow some.

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
        Hi. Question. I bought three box blinds recently for rifle and bow hunting axis deer here in Lousiana. Large high fence. They are not tame at all. Three times now at 30-35 yards the axis jump the string. When bow goes off it’s pretty loud in the blind vs tree stand. Do u guys ever have them jump the string when shooting from a box blind? Crazy how fast they are. I don’t have that issue from a tree stand. Any suggestions? Noise dampening somehow? Thx!!
        The bow doesn't sound louder in a box stand to the deer. It just sounds that way to you. The deer probably hear less sound from a bow in a box blind, just obviously not less enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          The bow doesn't sound louder in a box stand to the deer. It just sounds that way to you. The deer probably hear less sound from a bow in a box blind, just obviously not less enough.
          This^^^.
          I would say aim low, when they drop to jump you gottem.

Comment

Are your treestand shots shorter distance? 30-35 yards is the main issue when shooting at a critter as spooky as a whitetail or an axis. Get 10 yards closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Are your treestand shots shorter distance? 30-35 yards is the main issue when shooting at a critter as spooky as a whitetail or an axis. Get 10 yards closer.
              Yep. Too far on a jumpy animal.

Comment

Like others have said, that 30-35 yards you are shooting is too far. Doesn't matter how quiet your shot is at that distance. Try to limit shots to under 25 yards (under 30 for sure) and see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  I agree with this. After building my first permanent bow blind I put a bag target under the feeder for some practice shots. I was a bit alarmed at how loud my shots were. I then had my buddy shoot from the blind while I stood 15 yards away - it wasn't loud at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X