Broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads?

I know this has prob been asked 37 times buuut what broadheads do yall prefer on deer im not rich enough for elk , zebra, lion etc....lol? Mech or fixed doesnt matter if they fly true, cut good maybe with a pass thru and leave a good blood trail. Had a lil trouble with rage 2 blade last season. Shot montec in the past and it was ok. 70lb bow fall away rest and blue streak arrows.

I love the Swhackers! 100Gr and 150Gr mechanicals.

Seeing a lot of good results with the Exodus fixed blade.

Comment

I switched to Annihilator BH's. I like them a lot. Fly true to a field tip. Small cutting diameter but the largest cutting surface on the market at .91 inches. It has a swept back design that punches a big hole instead of slicing... Watch some YouTube vids to understand.

With that said, I shot a pig last week. It was a poor shot on my part not knowing a pigs anatomy... It was low and back. I believe liver. A lot of blood on the arrow... No trail though. I am OK with that bc of shot placement. I believe that a good shot would have obviously had a better blood trail. The arrow did great a clean pass through. I am excited to let em fly again tomorrow.

Comment

If your bow is tuned and the arrows are spined correctly then you can shoot just about any fixed head accurately. I’ve seen swackers break at the ferrule after impact so I wouldn’t use those. I’ve never had any issue with a rage either. But as far as fixed and some what budget I would suggest slick trick. They fly great, leave good blood trails, and will do the job. I got a complete pass though on a heart shot with one on a bull elk at 55. I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seek One YouTube channel just did a pretty good broadhead video shooting a lot of the popular fixed and mechanical heads.

Comment

Seeing alot of positive on slick tricks

Comment

I’ve been shooting Wasp Drones. Fly with my field points out to 60. I see some deterioration in accuracy with speeds over 295.

Comment

Originally posted by redneckstudd20 View Post

They are hard to beat. Theyve killed a ton of animals and leave good blood trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

QAD Exodus.

For entertainment, check out this field test for top broadheads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

German Kinetic for me!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by redneckstudd20 View Post
                      I have been shooting Slick Tricks for several years and I am having no issues with the flight, penetration or sharpness. Just one of several that are great BH's out there. Good luck and like someone said if your bow is tuned well you should get good arrow flight.

Comment

Broadheads?

NAP Killzones here. No collars or anything to fool with. My last 5 archery deer were shot with them and I’ll be using them moving forward.

Comment

QAD exodus

Comment

two blade rage. never lost a blood trail... i think just as important as broadhead is placement and poundage. ever since i shot 70 pounds and focus on hitting the animal in the lower 3rd we find them all fast!

Comment

Slick trick raptor tricks are nasty and fly perfectly with my field tips

Comment

Working...
                              X