Need a few live fish for a couple small ponds near San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a few live fish for a couple small ponds near San Saba

Any fishermen on upper Buchanan or nearby want to catch me a few fish? I do almost all of my fishing down south and don't have any nets up here.

My two ponds are way above average and loaded with thousands of frogs. Figure some big perch, bass, and a catfish or two would have plenty to gorge on for a while.

I really only want maybe 10-15 fish per pond just to see what they do. If there's a good place to go buy some let me know. I may try to get a net and head down to Colorado Bend State Park and just catch some and dump in the ponds.

I'm not looking to fully stock the ponds as I assume they'll die off late summer if rains stop or winter when it gets below freezing again.

Good idea. Go to the river and stock your pond unless you want some large fish. There is a fish supplier in your pond area. Goggle.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything near Lampasas or San Saba. Someone said a live fish truck comes by once in a while. Anyone know who that is? And how much fish cost?

Comment

Call this guy

Chase- 979-637-1143

Tell him Jeff with Junior Anglers sent ya. He may be able to help you.

Comment

Tim I have caught fish at the base of the falls in the park. I would go in with a 6 pack cooler with pond water and spend 1 hour first light and last light untill you find a pattern. Maybe one rod deep with liver or shad and one working the rocks.
          Might take a week.......................

Comment

Unless you want zebra mussels in your ponds don't put any fish from the Colorado river system in them.

Comment

Working...
            X