No announcement yet.

Skypoint camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to stay in the same price range I would go with the Tacticam Reveal. I myself like the Spartan GoCam cameras. They take great pics and everything can be changed with the app, but they are $250 instead of the $100 for the Reveal. Plans are pretty much the same on both of these cameras. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
      Ive run 4 Spypoint Link Dark (AT&T) models, and have had no problems with them. Im curious to know what problems you guys are having. My Dad and Uncle also run them in different states with no issues. So just curious.
      I think most are running the link micro. It's a 150 camera that goes on sale sometimes for 99. Link Dark is about 350, I believe. If that was as craptastic as the Link Micro people would be out with pitchforks and torches.

The problems are: fails to connect frequently. Innacturate battery readings. Stops sending pics for no reason discernable. They simply "go bad" and never work again. And so on.

Comment

I have covert and stealthcam and have never had issues. Spypoint in the same locations wouldn’t pick up signal

Comment

Thanks for the help. Ordered a Spartan today. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Ok. Need help again. The Spartan works with no issues but it’s killing me on batteries and fees for uploads. Any other suggestion on a solar unit that will work well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to rig up an external battery with solar panel for my old Spartan. Not sure if that is still the case. Zero issues since then. I think Herd 360 use to sell the kits. You might look them up.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                I had to rig up an external battery with solar panel for my old Spartan. Not sure if that is still the case. Zero issues since then. I think Herd 360 use to sell the kits. You might look them up.

I’m replacing 12 AA batteries every three weeks. I gotta come up with something else.

Comment

I got rid of my Spypoint cameras and have 5 Tactacam Reveal Cameras now. They are the best for the price you pay. Add a battery solar charger for about $70 and you never even have to buy batteries

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                    I’m replacing 12 AA batteries every three weeks. I gotta come up with something else.

led hunting lighting for hog and predator hunting, makers of the best hunting lights available the Kill Light®, XLR 100, XLR 252, XLR 250, HD Series, 250HD, 500HD, 750HD, Outfitter, Sportsman, piglet light, feeder lights, gun lights, bow lights, blood tracking lights, led lights, hunting

Buy this once, and stop wasting money on batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      I have both no issues with either one. Spypoints need to have the firmware updated onto a sd card then place that card in the camera and up date the firmware. Coverts you can update firmware from the camera. I also found that the VZN version of the spypoint micro is better than the nationwide version.
                      I have spypoint and you need to update the FW. Haven't had issues since updates.

Comment

I run 6 Spypoint Link Evo's three years now. My biggest problem is getting a good signal. I have mine set up on 12v batteries with solar charger and antenna booster 16' in the air. Once I have a signal they work great. I get 100's of pictures every day on their app. There are just places on the ranch where signal is weak or non existent and that can be frustrating.

Comment

Muddy and browning.

Comment

I have the Spypoint Link Micro. There are better cams but this one works good enough for $100.

The app gets a bit funky at times but monthly rates are cheap enough. The cell photos may not be Rembrandt quality but are good enough to see what’s in the woods.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I bought one last year. It did what it was supposed to do. Maybe i was just lucky but i never had any problems.

Comment

I was gifted a Spypoint last year. It has a solar charger on the camera, and i haven't had any problems with it so far. Not sure of the model, it says Link S and LTE on the front.
                                Last edited by softpoint; 06-08-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X