No announcement yet.

I.E.D explosion in boerne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to make pipe bombs as a kid. Get some metal conduit, flatten one end, pour gunpowder from some shot gun shells, drill a hole in the middle, flatten the other end, put fuse from a cherry bomb and walaaa, pipe bomb. Set off quite a few in the park near where I lived in a city. Not every one went as planned, but when it did go off, awesome. Never got caught either.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      I used to make pipe bombs as a kid. Get some metal conduit, flatten one end, pour gunpowder from some shot gun shells, drill a hole in the middle, flatten the other end, put fuse from a cherry bomb and walaaa, pipe bomb. Set off quite a few in the park near where I lived in a city. Not every one went as planned, but when it did go off, awesome. Never got caught either.
      Same here. Just to blow stuff up in the woods. It was a dream come true to get to work with c4 and other stuff when I was in the army.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        No. Blasting caps are restricted but easily sourced and even easier to make. Im surprised tannerite is un restricted in sales.
        You can buy tons of fertilizer....can’t regulate everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
          Boerne…. Are we sure it wasn’t a black cat?
          Ha!

Comment

As a young lad I would dabble making small batches of blackpowder, hadn't thought about it in years. Back then you could get two of the ingredients from the local drug store . Just checked online, all ingredients are widely available, imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              I would err on the side of caution here. Drill on gun powder seems dangerous. Drill first, gun powder later. As a kid my cousins and I were doing something similar and the co2 cartridge blew and my cousins 2.5 fingers were everywhere and spent Christmas in the hospital. anything that can cause a spark can go wrong yes we were kids

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                You can buy tons of fertilizer....can’t regulate everything.
                Don't challenge them. They will certainly try.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                  I would err on the side of caution here. Drill on gun powder seems dangerous. Drill first, gun powder later. As a kid my cousins and I were doing something similar and the co2 cartridge blew and my cousins 2.5 fingers were everywhere and spent Christmas in the hospital. anything that can cause a spark can go wrong yes we were kids
                  I don't know what order I did it. I did it over 50 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Don't challenge them. They will certainly try.
                    Just look at England for an example.

Comment

Dry ice in a 20 oz plastic bottle.

Big bada boom

Comment

Here’s the answer… no details on wether or not the prohibited weapon was tied to the “explosive device” or not. My wild guess would be no and writing the story this way makes it more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          I used to work in IEDs.
                          Im shocked its legal honestly.
                          Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I've been saying this for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          I get what you guys are saying. Bad guys will get what they need.
                          But commonly found chemicals and ingredients can be used to create the same mix. I believe they are not as stable though. (Aethling confirm here please)Ammonium nitrate and aluminum dust are the basic components of Tannerite.
                          The info on making that kind of stuff has been around for years. You see the books at guns shows on how to make this or that.
                          We're not into burning books yet...are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            I get what you guys are saying. Bad guys will get what they need.

But commonly found chemicals and ingredients can be used to create the same mix. I believe they are not as stable though. (Aethling confirm here please)Ammonium nitrate and aluminum dust are the basic components of Tannerite.

The info on making that kind of stuff has been around for years. You see the books at guns shows on how to make this or that.

We're not into burning books yet...are we?
                            Well honestly yes.
                            I know you can learn how to cook meth on the internet and the ingredients are common and easy to obtain. Hell they made an award winning television series on it.
                            So I guess it's okay to make it easy to make weapons of destruction available and the instructions to do so as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              The stuff I had was little ziplock baggies you had to mix. Maybe an Oz each

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              The stuff I got, years ago, was in a packet, you had to mix two packets together, then put them in a flat, round plastic container, that had double sided tape on the bottom. So you could stick it to a target board.

When they went off, it was like some fired off a old black powder gun, low pressure boom, and lots of smoke. To me, it sure looked like one of the powders you had to mix with the other was black powder.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                No.
                                My father owned a granite plant, and used to get cases of dynamite, caps, and primer core back in the day.
                                We relieved the red river of a lot of fish.
                                You don't need a cap for tannerite, plenty of other things will suffice.
                                I have told people a few times, what is needed to set of Tannerite. They all are convinced, you have to shoot it. I have proven that wrong. There is a TV show, where they blew things up with the same product and did not shoot it with a gun to blow things up. I have done enough experimenting with the stuff, to have a pretty good idea what works and what does not. The whole, it has to be shot with a gun capable of at least a certain velocity or it won't explode is complete BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X