Whataburger Burnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    DQ beats the heck out of Wataburger anyway.
    The DQ in Brenham is drive through only for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      It appears so rampant that you would think everyone here could name 10 people they know sitting on their butts drawing a check, but I don't know a single soul. Makes me wonder the people that can name a few....if they indeed fit the stereotype to a T?
      I can’t help there. I don’t hang out in the local tattoo shop. I’m pretty sure that’s where most of the unemployed fast food workers spend their time and unemployment money.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        It appears so rampant that you would think everyone here could name 10 people they know sitting on their butts drawing a check, but I don't know a single soul. Makes me wonder the people that can name a few....if they indeed fit the stereotype to a T?
        My wife has a big extended family and I live in a major city. Don’t run in the same circles as these people but I know them and their stories. They’ve all got the typical millennial I’m-owed-all leach mentality. Mixed bag on where they stand on other political issues and who they vote for.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I can’t help there. I don’t hang out in the local tattoo shop. I’m pretty sure that’s where most of the unemployed fast food workers spend their time and unemployment money.
          Nothing like free ink. No need to finance now.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            Yep
            ‘A slap in the face’: Unemployed San Antonians weigh in after Gov. Abbott opts out of extra $300 per week
            https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...-300-per-week/
            The guy in the story admitted that the money was good enough that he didn’t look for a job, and he just had a daughter and was wanting to spend more time with her. What a freaking bum. Then they blame child care. Are day cares closed? My daughter has been in day care since the pandemic started.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Yep
              ‘A slap in the face’: Unemployed San Antonians weigh in after Gov. Abbott opts out of extra $300 per week
              https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...-300-per-week/
              lost his job laying water pipes in March 2020 as the pandemic ramped up in San Antonio. ....

The money was good enough that McKinney says he didn’t really look for work, though he knew he’d make more money with a job. ....

Now, he’s looking to get training that will help him find a skilled job, like welding or being an electrician, and is looking forward to getting back to work.
              How dare he be mad at Abbott?? This lazy piece of meat sat on his hind end for a freaking year doing nothing to improve things for his family?? My dad and granddad would have taken him behind the woodshed and whooped what little sense he has out of him! Both of them had engineering degrees and when things got hard in their working careers and they were laid off - they took what ever hourly manual job they could get so they could put food on the table for their families. It would be a cold day in h e double l before they ever accepted a dime from the government because they knew that was taking money from someone who was working to support their own family!! I have ZERO sympathy for pieces of junk like that! He earned his starving wages!!
              Last edited by Dusty Britches; 05-19-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

“According to the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), nearly 45 percent of posted jobs offer wages greater than $15.50 per hour. Approximately 76 percent pay more than $11.50 per hour. Only 2 percent of posted jobs pay around the minimum wage,” the release reads.

Comment

My 26year old niece is taking advantage of the current employment opportunity to find a better job and closer to home.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                    The DQ in Brenham is drive through only for the same reason.
                    Same for Bellville. Unreal

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      So are they sitting at home living off 300 bucks a week? If so they would have to be absolutely miserable, I’d put a bullet in my head.
                      No, they’re sitting home living off their normal weekly unemployment checks plus the extra $300 Uncle Joe Biden is giving them every week. Crazy!!!

Comment

sounds like another good reason to kick the garbage food anyhow to me

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          sounds like another good reason to kick the garbage food anyhow to me
                          Yep.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            So are they sitting at home living off 300 bucks a week? If so they would have to be absolutely miserable, I’d put a bullet in my head.
                            Working on day jobs that pay cash and isn't reported to anyone.

Comment

Finding employees right now is a nightmare, but there’s a flip side to this as well. Lots of fast food places figured out they could cut staff and overhead by closing the dine in and only serving drive through. It’s a convenient excuse to save money.

Comment

There is also a segment of people who are shouting their pride for not working and seeing businesses hurting due to the employee shortage. Believe it will lead to higher pay for employees. They had a catchy hashtag on twitter a week or so back.

Comment

Working...
                                X