Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of y'all live near the new Bois d'Arc Lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    It comes with growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Typical city folk who never owned family land. Money ain't everything.

Comment

For those interested in the Texas water issue, I suggest putting this on your reading list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51Dg6m3A8UL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24650225

Comment

Originally posted by Yak blue View Post
        Getting one new reservoir up and running is putting a band aid on the problem we’ll soon have. The powers in charge need to recognize it and change the way we do things in regards to both using and conserving.

No way that north Texas can continue to boom population-wise like we are and are projected to, and not outgrow the water supply. WAY too many people waste water like it’ll never run out.

My fear is The next five year drought is coming sooner than later. Hope people haven’t become forgetful with the last six wet years and the water districts having full lakes.
        Not too many years ago people's wells we're going dry all over central/west Texas.. that was before the population BOOM! Scary to think what could potentially happen! Especially with all these new people using water like it'll never run dry.....

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Typical city folk who never owned family land. Money ain't everything.

Well, if that were true. 16,000 acres near Canadian growing up, 1,800 South of Tolar. Numerous small places in Parker County over the years.

Last edited by Chad C; 05-06-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Seems strange someone would make this comment in the context of being compensated.

“They were compensated, by NTMWD.” Posted by Chad C

Really goes to the core for two points. 1. This land would be stolen with eminent domain if they refused to except the pennies on the dollar offers. 2. Agreed no one owns their land to begin with. The tax office owns every piece of land in Texas. If you wish to argue this point simply refuse to pay the yearly ransom tax on your property and see how long you keep it. Just my $.02.

Comment

Well, if that were true. 16,000 acres near Canadian growing up, 1,800 South of Tolar. Numerous small places in Parker County over the years.

Where do you live now?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                Where do you live now?

Not Dallas.

Comment

Not Dallas.

Subdivision?

Comment

They have all the signs up, but I haven't driven over the bridge since they closed the gates.

I had my property appraised about a month ago, and appraiser said 40 ac track by boat ramps just sold for $40k/ACRE!!! Some got compensated bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                      Subdivision?

I have property in Brock, a residence in NRH/Colleyville area, and at PK. Not sure why any of that matters.

Last edited by Chad C; 05-06-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I wish it was closer. I love fishing new lakes

Comment

I saw a pretty neat documentary on this lake being built a few years ago. Not sure on the name of it but it was mainly about a guy who was losing his land and taking a canoe trip down Bois d'Arc creek and how all the land was soon going to be underwater. Guess it all is now. progress sucks for most people. Others get rich off of it.

Comment

How much was bought by people you didn't want to sell to? I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do have empathy that a larger metropolitan area's thirst (pun intended), comes at the expense of people who didn't contribute to that problem in the first place.
                            Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-06-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I have property in Brock, a residence in Colleyville, and at PK. Not sure why any of that matters.

The reason it matters is because when you say things like “they were compensated” and “it comes with growth”, it pretty much let’s me know that you don’t have any skin in this particular game. If these other lake projects do come to fruition, then some of on this thread will have skin in the game. I’m not sure that any of our land will be under water by the proposed Parkhouse lakes, but our land will be part of the conservation area.

Comment

I worked over there near it. At times it was an adventure pulling heavy trailers and dodging pot holes on the road that cut across. There’s a smaller lake going in not far from there. Haven’t kept up with the progress of either.

Comment

Working...
                                X