Which Jig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Jig?

Looking at buying a fletching jig, and I am down to the Bitzenburger and the Bohning Tower Jig. I am king of leaning towards the Bitzenburger, but I would like to get some input from the GS. Which one are y’all using and why?
    Thanks for your input.
    AG

If $ is no issue- https://lastchancearchery.com/shop-1/vane-master-pro

Comment

I’ve been using the upgraded bitzenburger from 60x strings for years. It is rock solid and will fletch anything. I have my degree angles marked with a sharpie for consistency.
      If I was a rich man who fletched for a living, I would get the Last Chance vane master pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        I’d buy this if money wasn’t a issue. The bitz works great for me

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          I’d buy this if money wasn’t a issue. The bitz works great for me
          Man that joker is high dollar, a bit more than I would like to spend. The Bitz looks well made, and has a long track record, and price isnt to bad.

Comment

I’ve been using a Bitz for about 10 years. It’s not particularly fast - one at a time - but very accurate. I fletch maybe a dozen a year so I’m not exactly mass producing arrows. Works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I’ve been using a Bitz for about 10 years. It’s not particularly fast - one at a time - but very accurate. I fletch maybe a dozen a year so I’m not exactly mass producing arrows. Works great for me.
              Thanks for the help!

Comment

I use the Bitz with the Zenith upgrade. It’s simple and robust. If money wasn’t an issue, I’d use the Firenock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my bitz. It’s not fast but I know it’ll last

Comment

I use the firenock and vanemaster. If you dont mind used you can find some good deals on either.

The Bitz with Zenith upgrade is supposed to be good.

Comment

I have the Bohning tower jig and Im in the market for a new one if that answers your question.
                      The glue sticks to and clogs the arms constantly which causes the glue to stick to the vane and dry which rips it back off of the shaft when you release it.

It is frustrating to have to disassemble and clean after every 3 arrows.

But on those 3, it works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                        I have the Bohning tower jig and Im in the market for a new one if that answers your question.
                        The glue sticks to and clogs the arms constantly which causes the glue to stick to the vane and dry which rips it back off of the shaft when you release it.

It is frustrating to have to disassemble and clean after every 3 arrows.

But on those 3, it works like a charm.
                        Maybe try less glue, sounds like you are using too much and it’s squeezing out.

Comment

Bitz all the way

Comment

Been using a Bitzenburger jigs for over 40 years a little slow so i put three of them on a lazy susan

Comment

Blitz here too.Tried a few others but always return to Blitz...Like above over 40ys

Comment

Working...
                              X