Lease contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease contract

Just got my first lease. Always hunted on a friend’s before. How common is it to sign a contract and liability release?

I'd think very common.

Comment

I haven't ever been on one that didn't require it.

Comment

Very common.

I would be concerned if I was dealing with someone I had never met and they did not require contract and I was handing them money.

The good news is that after a year or two and it appears to be a long-term place, you can always try to negotiate a multi year lease

Comment

No sign, no hunt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Last lease I had required both. Lease I have now requires neither. I hand him money and he gives me gate code. Those aren't worth the paper they are written on anyway but lots of people require them now.

Comment

The lease my agreement may not be but the liability release can save your butt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 1400 acre lease in Runnels Co. for 18 years with no lease contract. Thing is, he was a land and lease attorney. A handshake was all we ever had. He was a **** good man and he passed away about year 6 from a massive heart attack. I missed him every year after.

Comment

I have been on 3 lease in my life. One for 12 years. One for 6 years. The last one for 8 years. The last 2 lease sold which is why we had to leave. I have never signed one.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                    I haven't ever been on one that didn't require it.
                    I`ve never been on one that did require one.

Comment

Been on 3 leases and have never signed anything.

Comment

should not be a big deal unless you plan on holding them liable for something you do.

Comment

one of my leases has a contract other is over a hand shake, handshake one is bigger and comes with full access to a nice house. i think a hand shake is plenty enough if both parties understand each other and respect each other, but i also see why some like it it writing

Comment

Our lease hunters sign both. Our guest sign liability waivers too. It’s a crazy world.

Comment

I would not lease a ranch with out a written and signed contract - if I am going to pay for feed and help manage a place I want some type of assurance that we can keep it for a set period of time. Unfortunately hand shake deals can go south real quick on a deer lease

Comment

Working...
                              X