Bucees Ez Feeder Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
    Where do you find those pre-cut plates at Home Depot?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In the sheet metal /all thread aisle of Home Depot. They are 4x18”. Either 18 or 16 gauge steel. They were like $30 for all 4. Figured $30 added to $399 wasn’t bad . They still reach in but only to grab the corn that’s already been spun sitting on the plates. I have this feeder at my local pig place and it only spins in the afternoon. I have watched them reach in at night via my Covert, ran out in the morning to check and see the corn 4” close to the spinner still there because they can’t reach it. My feeder levels do not show to be dropping any lower than normal and they don’t stay very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      In the sheet metal /all thread aisle of Home Depot. They are 4x18”. Either 18 or 16 gauge steel. They were like $30 for all 4. Figured $30 added to $399 wasn’t bad . They still reach in but only to grab the corn that’s already been spun sitting on the plates. I have this feeder at my local pig place and it only spins in the afternoon. I have watched them reach in at night via my Covert, ran out in the morning to check and see the corn 4” close to the spinner still there because they can’t reach it. My feeder levels do not show to be dropping any lower than normal and they don’t stay very long.
      Awesome! I have a buddy that just purchased this feeder, and I was telling him about this modification. Here is a lic from his feeder a few nights ago. They were there all night!

Comment

Haha, you'd figure they'd get the word by now that their varmint plate isn't long enough.

I wish I could give you a days/ months number, but don't have one to provide.

I'm on the 7 seconds during season & 2 seconds in the off season plan.

With plates like Smart added that is, without them you're coon corn bill will get expensive and it won't last long.

Comment

Awesome! I have a buddy that just purchased this feeder, and I was telling him about this modification. Here is a lic from his feeder a few nights ago. They were there all night!

Daaaaang! Time to buy some dukes too and thin those suckers out!

Comment

This fixed that for me...Home Depot has the plates already cut and sized right.
            Hey Jason, how do those legs hold up? I was thinking about buying one the other day for a new spot, but they just looked flimsy to me.

Comment

Daaaaang! Time to buy some dukes too and thin those suckers out!
              We have a dozen dukes traps and use them frequently!

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                Hey Jason, how do those legs hold up? I was thinking about buying one the other day for a new spot, but they just looked flimsy to me.

Ive got 3 of the EZ Feeders. They have held up fine. Axis and hogs have bumped and banged them, but I haven’t had any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post

They put up with this daily and have been shining though it. No issues so far. And yes I painted mine to keep it less visible from the road through the brush from any “opportunists”[emoji51]

Comment

We have a dozen dukes traps and use them frequently!

Niiiice! Keep on em! We are at 400 plus caught and have knocked them back good but we still have 2-4 per feeder. **** things are like roaches. Spend all weekend catching 4-5 these days and a momma shows up with a new litter of 4 kits on Monday

Comment

I kinda expected to have issues with the legs. They aren't real heavy duty but at the same time after two years no issues. My son put a bullet through a pig's head and then through one of the cross braces and even with the addition of that hole that is bigger than a dime there hasn't been an issue.

It's been a pretty good feeder for the price and for how easy it's been to set up and move. I have not had the coon issues some of you are having but we don't really have many coons. The feeder was used in an area with lots of aoudads using it year before last and you could see where they butted the feeder or otherwise worked on it. The hogs had the lower 1/3 covered in mud from rubbing on it, pushing on it and rooting under and around it. No problems at all. Nothing bent, nothing broken, still works perfectly.

Comment

Bump for this thread. I just bought 4 of the 6" x 18" 22 gauge steel sheets from Lowe's for $9.98 each and they will be getting added to our one Bucees feeder that the raccoons just keep feasting on. With corn at $11/bag this will payoff very quickly.

Comment

4-5 months throwing 2-4 seconds

Comment

I should’ve never clicked on this thread. And they were out of the 400 ones so I got the 600 lb.

2 questions. Does it come with a battery? And do I still need to extend the coon guard on the 600 lb feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
                              I should’ve never clicked on this thread. And they were out of the 400 ones so I got the 600 lb.

2 questions. Does it come with a battery? And do I still need to extend the coon guard on the 600 lb feeder?

No battery included. Be sure and ask cashier for the timer. The are stored separately.

Comment

Uh oh. Too late

Comment

Working...
                                X