This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It’s funny listening to fans talk “NC or bust....” The number one stated preseason goal for pretty much every program is to win their respective conference which will put your team in the best position to make the CFP and give you an opportunity to play for the NC.

As an Ag I’m starving for a conference title. Give me that every year in the SEC and I’ll take my odds to win the big prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your team has never won or played for it all in your lifetime. That kinda makes a difference.

Would you rather win 6 straight conference championships and lose big in the playoffs 4 of those years like OU or have a season like LSU did last year?

I already know the answer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Your team has never won or played for it all in your lifetime. That kinda makes a difference.

Would you rather win 6 straight conference championships and lose big in the playoffs 4 of those years like OU or have a season like LSU did last year?

I already know the answer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Obviously I’d take the NC.

But there are only a handful of teams that wouldn’t trade for OU’s success in the last decade+ over their own. I bet few of their players or coaches viewed their respective seasons as a bust.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

College Football National Signing Day and Recruiting Talk

It’s funny listening to fans talk “NC or bust....” The number one stated preseason goal for pretty much every program is to win their respective conference which will put your team in the best position to make the CFP and give you an opportunity to play for the NC.

As an Ag I’m starving for a conference title. Give me that every year in the SEC and I’ll take my odds to win the big prize.

Makes since since your team hasn’t done it yet in the SEC. After you win a NC or two in your lifetime, you want the same feeling .... conference championships with nothing beyond are like kissing your sister. No offense Arkie, Okie and West Virginia fans[emoji23][emoji23]

I can remember VY and crew playing Colorado for the Big 12... same with Cole and Nebraska ... it was just a game to get you to the next level. You don’t ever hear folks reference VY as the Big 12 Champ. Same with Colt and he didn’t even win the NC. He’s the QB that got them to the NC with Bama

Comment

Obviously I’d take the NC.

But there are only a handful of teams that wouldn’t trade for OU’s success in the last decade+ over their own. I bet few of their players or coaches viewed their respective seasons as a bust.

2 teams to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Makes since since your team hasn’t done it yet in the SEC. After you win a NC or two in your lifetime, you want the same feeling .... conference championships with nothing beyond are like kissing your sister. No offense Arkie, Okie and West Virginia fans[emoji23][emoji23]

I can remember VY and crew playing Colorado for the Big 12... same with Cole and Nebraska ... it was just a game to get you to the next level. You don’t ever hear folks reference VY as the Big 12 Champ. Same with Colt and he didn’t even win the NC. He’s the QB that got them to the NC with Bama

Every fan (and player) wants to win the NC. Trust me when I say that those that haven’t experienced it want it significantly more than those that already have. I promise it doesn’t mean the same to Bama fans as it would to an Aggie. But I bet the players and coaches find it laughable when their fans consider a conference championship a failure. LOL! I know that Horn fans would be giddy about a Conf championship next year (and CFP loss) over the mediocrity they’ve put out since VY/McCoy days.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thankfully, I've seen 4 NC's in my time.

Comment

Giddy is an understatement. They beat a hole in their NY6 drum and Sam said they We're BAAAAACK! LOL!

Comment

Every fan (and player) wants to win the NC. Trust me when I say that those that haven’t experienced it want it significantly more than those that already have. I promise it doesn’t mean the same to Bama fans as it would to an Aggie. But I bet the players and coaches find it laughable when their fans consider a conference championship a failure. LOL! I know that Horn fans would be giddy about a Conf championship next year (and CFP loss) over the mediocrity they’ve put out since VY/McCoy days.

Nobody suggested it was a complete failure. It’s just not a sunshine pumping sister kissing event [emoji13][emoji41]. Especially when you get embarrassed the game after.

By your definition, I can understand why the Ags are giddy this year. ... their first “second in their division” and they won another NC by virtue of Bama’s win[emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    2 teams to be exact.

Bama. LSU. Clemson. OSU. Florida. Auburn? Florida State?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Giddy is an understatement. They beat a hole in their NY6 drum and Sam said they We're BAAAAACK! LOL!

Fortunately for Texas there was no *** whipping the last game of the season that year. Texas earned the right to be a little giddy ...[emoji41]

Comment

Bama. LSU. Clemson. OSU. Florida. Auburn. Florida State?

Don’t be putting a crimp in oktx’s sister kissin’!!

Comment

Nobody suggested it was a complete failure. It’s just not a sunshine pumping sister kissing event [emoji13][emoji41]. Especially when you get embarrassed the game after.

By your definition, I can understand why the Ags are giddy this year. ... their first “second in their division” and they won another NC by virtue of Bama’s win[emoji13]

🤦*♂️ Bless your heart, you try so hard to be witty.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

[emoji1751]*[emoji3603] Bless your heart, you try so hard to be witty.

I’d say that too if I were you [emoji23]

Comment

Bama. LSU. Clemson. OSU. Florida. Auburn? Florida State?

I stand corrected. FU AU FSU no.

Comment

Don’t be putting a crimp in oktx’s sister kissin’!!
                                When horn wins one, and they will. Will you whine when everyone calls it this? Cause it's going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X