No announcement yet.

High School Baseball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First scrimmage Saturday Kingwood Park vs Oakridge. I have been ready for this day for along time to see how the boys do can’t wait. I know it’s just a scrimmage, but HS ball is finally here. Go KPark!

Comment

We found out yesterday that all three of our catchers are out with covid for two weeks. Only one of them could catch my son anyway. I am not sure what the plan is now. He is due to pitch on Monday but we don't have anyone to catch him.

Comment

We got the Texas High School Baseball magazine in yesterday. He is pictured at the top “Cole Brady”, as one of the 3A players to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post

We got the Texas High School Baseball magazine in yesterday. He is pictured at the top “Cole Brady”, as one of the 3A players to watch.

thats awesome

you pitcher dads, my 13yo is a hard thrower and sometimes complains about what he calls "a headache" in his upper arm, bicep/tricep area. a dull ache i guess. he had a lesson last night after a hitting lesson and said it started hurting so we shut it down. this was his third lesson since october and he said he was fine after the first 2.

he complained about it a few times last summer too.

i remember when i started crossfit my elbow would ache on the drive home, did it for a few weeks, and was really uncomfortable, but it went away.

any ideas? they started long toss about a month ago and eased back into throwing, his first 2 lessons were on flat ground. they even had practice tuesday night and were working on cutoffs, was in the IF and OF, and said his arm was fine after all that.

Comment

That’s pretty common with younger pitchers. It could be mechanics but it’s more likely that his arm isn’t in good shape yet. It’s gonna be sore the first few times he pitches. A good band routine before and after he throws is key for my boys. It has cut the soreness in half.

Comment

That’s pretty common with younger pitchers. It could be mechanics but it’s more likely that his arm isn’t in good shape yet. It’s gonna be sore the first few times he pitches. A good band routine before and after he throws is key for my boys. It has cut the soreness in half.

thats what i was hoping. we are going to start throwing a little every day at home and monitoring it.

thanks

Comment

Tom House has a pitching and throwing program. It’s called Nationalpitching.com. It’s a great program that you can use in season and off season. It’s worth checking out.

Comment

Tom House has a pitching and throwing program. It’s called Nationalpitching.com. It’s a great program that you can use in season and off season. It’s worth checking out.

will do

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    thats awesome

you pitcher dads, my 13yo is a hard thrower and sometimes complains about what he calls "a headache" in his upper arm, bicep/tricep area. a dull ache i guess. he had a lesson last night after a hitting lesson and said it started hurting so we shut it down. this was his third lesson since october and he said he was fine after the first 2.

he complained about it a few times last summer too.

i remember when i started crossfit my elbow would ache on the drive home, did it for a few weeks, and was really uncomfortable, but it went away.

any ideas? they started long toss about a month ago and eased back into throwing, his first 2 lessons were on flat ground. they even had practice tuesday night and were working on cutoffs, was in the IF and OF, and said his arm was fine after all that.
                    Also need to make sure he warms up right with stretching and short to long toss before he starts any game. Check his arm slot at where he releases the ball make sure there is no arm drag that comes from foot strike to early and his arm is going to the outside instead of over the top which creates arm drag it puts a lot of strain on the arm and muscle.

Comment

Big issues with young arms- Trapping the arm- trying to get too far out and not staying in the back leg.

Alot will disagree with my next input. Dont put your kid on the bump until HS. Make sure on a good long toss program. Dont allow your kid to go over 75 pitch count until he has facial hair.

Pitching is very stressful on arms and arm strength can be developed best long tossing

Comment

Funny how very few discuss the importance of grades along with sports. I think its critical to point out how IMPORTANT grades are over how good a kid is or club this or that. As in 100 times more important. Yes a kid who throws 95 will get offers to go play college ball but WHERE? A no name school he probably could get into without sports if he has B's and C's anyway. And if the kid has a C average the ride is MOST LIKELY not going to be from a top academic college unless the kid is number one in the state. i see so many parents worried about exit velo, speed, home runs, etc. vs grades. if your kid doesn't have the grades it doesn't matter how good he is and the truth is if your kid is an A student he doesn't have to be the best kid to get the interest of excellent baseball schools that ALSO offer an amazing education. hats off to all the HS coaches who push homework, tutors and GRADES.

Comment

I don’t think anyone is dismissing the importance of good grades. The fact is, math tests, and theme papers make normal people want to drink bleach, whereas baseball is fun. Not to hard to sabe.

Comment

Well first scrimmage in the book KPark won 5-4 over Oakridge. Was a pretty good game and really nice to see the boys on the field again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I don’t think anyone is dismissing the importance of good grades. The fact is, math tests, and theme papers make normal people want to drink bleach, whereas baseball is fun. Not to hard to sabe.

Haha! My kid has a 4.0 as a freshman so far but I’d rather talk about his footwork in the infield or his approach at the plate!

He’ll more than likely get academic scholarships vs athletic (if any) but it doesn’t get much more fun than high school sports....and he’s playing football too !

Comment

My son has a 4.0 as of now and was picked from the teaching staff to be part of the freshman team leadership council. He plays Baseball, football, Basketball and runs Track and somehow keeps the grades up. I have always pushed grades, but thankfully I never had to remind him of that. I think most sports parents have talked about grades and the importance of them to get into a good school, but don’t kid yourself I have seen kids that can hardly spell their name at good D1 Schools if they want them they get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X