Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, can we talk wedding venues?

Well gents -

The time has come for bachelorhood to end for me.

Getting married 10/16/2020 and we have started looking for a venue in the Tomball area, I know we are late to the game in starting this part of it all but life gets busy and some things just have to wait.

Have checked out one place in Tomball that had an “all-inclusive” package outside of security and photographer but they snuck a little disclaimer about $30 extra per guest over 50.

Is this typical? Wedding budget of around $10K - maxing out at $12K as I am paying for this entirely out of my own pocket.

Any suggestions on places around the Tomball area or if I can expect all these places to charge extra for anything over 50 guests?

Thanks in advance for your input folks, already stressing over here about it since I think in terms of dollars and SENSE.

Sorry I'm no help, (we happily saved all our money and skipped the wedding.) but I have a question...
    WHY are you getting married during bow season? Anniversary trips are going to conflict...

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
      Sorry I'm no help, (we happily saved all our money and skipped the wedding.) but I have a question...
      WHY are you getting married during bow season? Anniversary trips are going to conflict...
      She wants to go hunting on our anniversaries, hence why she got the ring

Comment

Aha! They DO exist! Well done sir. Congrats.

Comment

Don't do the package deal- in my opinion.
          Find a venue, a caterer, and a dj/band separately. Get the cakes made by a good local baker. Buy the drink/alcohol yourself.
          You can do a wedding for 10k if you are not trying to get too fancy

Comment

Spending 10k on a wedding is ridiculous. That money could be used for something a whole lot more meaningful than one day.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              Spending 10k on a wedding is ridiculous. That money could be used for something a whole lot more meaningful than one day.
              While I agree with you, it’s what she wants and deserves. I’m absolutely putting her needs and wants before my own here, and I’m 100% ok with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWernig View Post
                Find a venue, a caterer, and a dj/band separately. Get the cakes made by a good local baker. Buy the drink/alcohol yourself.
                Looking into this now, alcohol is covered already, but the cake and photographer are the parts I’m not sure of cost on.

Comment

Originally posted by NWernig View Post
                  Yep. We got out of our for right at $10k all in for a very fancy wedding in the mountains by doing it ourselves. Spent $2500 on the venue, $2400 on catering for an excellent meal, then I hired the servers and bartender, and I supplied all the alcohol and hired a DJ. Buying a couple craft beer kegs, some wine, sangria, and paying a local bartender $250 is FAR cheaper than hiring out the achohol. I think we were right in $1000 for alcohol for 75 guests (moving it to the mountains kept my numbers down ). I’d expect $12k to be pretty realistic with 100-125 guest.

Comment

J P for $100. $9,900 for a wedding present hunt.

Comment

These guys are taking it easy on you.

Planning weddings is woman's work.

This website is for hunting, not wedding talk.

Oh yeah, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats JT!

No idea RE price but I went to a wedding at Wild Stallion Vineyards in Spring. Very nice place.

Comment

elope and spend $12k on the honeymoon.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                            While I agree with you, it’s what she wants and deserves. I’m absolutely putting her needs and wants before my own here, and I’m 100% ok with it.
                            Those sound like the words of a whipped and soon to be broke man. Good luck.

Comment

Asking a bunch of guys questions about how to do a wedding is your first mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X