Still 3’ high at 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still 3’ high at 100

So I am stuck and can’t figure out the issue. I went to sight in my tbh build rifle. It’s a 7mm08 20”. I have a Swarovski 3.5x18x44 on it. I am still 3’ high at 100 and I am out of elevation to go down. The scope is in seekins rings. The rings and scope were mounted at APR so it’s mounted correctly. A few people have told me to shim the scope. That isn’t a option . Are the rings too high ?

No, APR needs to get involved.

Do you have a regular or elevated base?? What's the base / ring set up amigo...something's wrong, you don't want to shim a top shelf gun that should have tight tolerances. Bet it's an easy fix as something isn't matching up.

Comment

Maybe the rail is mounted backwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        No, APR needs to get involved.

Do you have a regular or elevated base?? What's the base / ring set up amigo...something's wrong, you don't want to shim a top shelf gun that should have tight tolerances. Bet it's an easy fix as something isn't matching up.
        Exactly.

Comment

Pretty sure the rail is built in the action
          Wrong again ! It is a screw on 20moa rail.

Just took scope off and did a mirror test I found on the internet. I can not make the crosshairs match up holding it on the mirror.
          Last edited by cantexduck; 10-05-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

3 feet or 3 inches high?

Comment

Feet. I had to shoot at 25 yards to hit paper. I was 6” high at 25 yards with no down elevation left. I shot at 100 and was 3 feet height.

Comment

Message Stick1 on here to trouble shoot it...

Things I can think off to check right off the bat

1. Clearance on the bell of your scope and the barrel.. I've seen that be an issue

2. Is the 20 moa Rail on backwards... It's screw on... Yes it happens simple mistake (my bet is actually this, or a weird situation involving this. The rail not being seated correctly somehow)

3. Optic issue... Swaro should make it right but check other stuff first. Is it adjusting at all?

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                  Maybe the rail is mounted backwards?
                  That's was my first thought as well.

Comment

Wouldn't mounting a 20 moa rail backwards make the scope shoot lower?

Comment

Hate to ask, but did you adjust the turret/elevation the wrong way?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                        Wouldn't mounting a 20 moa rail backwards make the scope shoot lower?
                        Yes, well it would make the barrel shoot lower. However, i could be wrong but I don’t see it being a rail issue as this scope would have enough travel to get on target.

Don’t EVER shim anything on a nice rifle. Whatever it is I’m confident that Robert will get you lined out. Hopefully seekins didn’t put two different ring heights in the same package but that would be pretty obvious upon setup. Was the scope purchased new?
                        Last edited by kck; 10-05-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Can you take the front ring off and put it on the rear? if you can, and it changes it substantially, you have mis-matched rings.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                            Hate to ask, but did you adjust the turret/elevation the wrong way?
                            Even though I would assume He is more than familiar with adjusting scopes, this is the same thing I was going to ask.

Have you tried to start over and use a bore sight and see if you can notice any movement any direction and confirm you are going the right direction and can’t get anymore adjustment? This sounds like a very nice setup, sucks that it is having an issue.

Comment

3 ft high! Anxious to hear why.

Comment

Working...
                              X