AR 10 in 260...Anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR 10 in 260...Anyone have one?

As time marches on, the 260 in AR10 platform is perhaps the final weapon I would love to own. Over the past few years it seems mainly DPMS is the main manufacturer excluding a custom build?

The 260 has and still is one of my favorite calibers for any Texas game and would really like to find it in the AR10. Add it with my 6.5 Grendel in the AR15 platform and I would just be in "shooters heaven...for me anyway."

Anyone with experience with the AR platform 260. Yeah, I know it will be heavier than the bolt vs the 10 platform, but shooting bolts for so long I like the AR platforms these "senior days, lol."

I've had a buddy/coach try to build one but he has had problems finding the 260 parts for a year now?

If you own one or have any pics to share, would love to see them as well.

Thanks, I hope, in advance for the responses...oh, just the 260 is all I'm interested in!

I believe Remington made one in the R10 ? Might try Gunbroker.

Comment

Yep, I have the DPMS LR platform. It was chambered in .243, I replaced the barrel and bcg for the 260. Actually just purchased the bcg and am looking forward to completing the build as soon as it comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
        Yep, I have the DPMS LR platform. It was chambered in .243, I replaced the barrel and bcg for the 260. Actually just purchased the bcg and am looking forward to completing the build as soon as it comes in.

Really like to see the final build!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
          Really like to see the final build!

Comment

Oh Man! PM me with specifics if you are willing? Just want to get your experience and an idea of cost? Not asking you to provide a public forum as if you are like me prefer your privacy?

Love it Brother!!

Comment

Don LMT makes on but they are pretty high $$.

Don’t know what your budget is but seems like maybe Larue, Wilson Combat, LMT, etc are the ones that make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah, pretty high is what I'm seeing to date. I'm also going to check with a gunsmith I've used recently in Tolar to see what he could put together.

Comment

Larue makes one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Same parts as a 7.62 AR--10, but different barrel. Lilja makes some pretty good factory barrels for the 10 in a couple diffferent calibers. I’d check with them first. I’ve built 2 customs off Liljas, and have shot several more. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them for any of my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post

Why does the bolt carrier have to be changed out when changing from 243 win to 260 rem?

Comment

That's mine. Unfortunately, she's a pig. I do take it hunting, but it's heavy as heck. She will drive tacks though. I use a JP rifles barrel in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                          Why does the bolt carrier have to be changed out when changing from 243 win to 260 rem?
                          I was going to ask that question. Was thinking both .243 and .260 are both based on the .308 case, and throw in 7-08 to boot. So no need to change bolt head/BCG.

Comment

You might check out the LaRue Ultimate Upper (https://www.larue.com/products/larue...5cm-upper-kit/). I put two of these together in 6.5 Grendel and am very pleased with the final product and how easy they were to put together.

MZ

Comment

I put together the LaRue Ultimate Upper kit and have it in .260 remington.

Really fun gun to shoot and mine likes the Hornady ELDM 130gr factory loads - I went with the 22" barrel.

It's perfect for hogs, deer and varmints - I've shot all of these with this rifle since putting it together last summer.

Send me a pm if you want more info on pricing and any other details!

Comment

Working...
                              X