2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I'll be in Houston County Saturday morning with my son for his first ever deer hunt. I'm gladly giving up one of my favorite bowhunting weekends to hopefully see him harvest his first deer. I'm excited and so is he. I'm loving the weather forecast.
    Good luck to thay young man! It oughta be a good weekend for sure!

Comment

I plan on being there, except I have been under the weather and coughing lately. Hope to be better by friday!

Comment

We didn't kill a single buck on our lease last year and the second one of this season died this morning. He wasn't chasing does, just out eating, but they do seem to be a cruisey here lately.

I'm leaving Thursday night and unless I get a buck I'll be there through Monday night. Gonna give it hell!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
          Thursday cant come quick enough for my 2 weeks of vacation! This cold front just came in right on time. Anyone else climbing the trees this weekend?
          Off for 2 weeks myself starting Friday! Cant wait!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bucks are cruising in North Mont County and South Walker County. I had a mature buck travel a few hundred yds in a wide open field up to my house yesterday. Nose in the air and to the ground with a steady pace. Never paid me or my barking dogs any mind. This is the 2nd bit of random deer activity at my house in the last week.

Comment

Working only 2 out of 14 starting Friday myself. Weather looks nice!

Comment

We've got a chance of rain for our area Friday and Saturday at 50%.. Hopefully that changes or its just LIGHT LIGHT rain.. Not trying to catch the flu the first two days of vacation..

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                  We've got a chance of rain for our area Friday and Saturday at 50%.. Hopefully that changes or its just LIGHT LIGHT rain.. Not trying to catch the flu the first two days of vacation..
                  The rain isn't going to give you the flu...quit looking for excuses!

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

Hehe gettem! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      LOL I know who to look for incase I do!

Comment

I watched a big heavy horned buck chase a doe around the pasture behind the shop this morning...Harris County.

This weekend can't get here soon enough. It's looking like it will be a REAL GOOD time to sit in the stand all day.

Comment

Best we’ve had so far at our place in Rusk Co. Historically we don’t start seeing our better deer until closer to the rut and especially not in daylight. Gonna definitely be in the stand Saturday morning.

Comment

Finally got to release my first arrow (two actually) in NE Texas tonight. Hogs came in right at dark.

I shot a Rage Hypodermic at the first one. Pass through but with little blood on the arrow. Shot a Magnus Stinger right after at another one.

Found blood under the feeder and tracked one about 30 yards. I assume this was the one shot with the hypodermic as I didn’t find my other arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                              Finally got to release my first arrow (two actually) in NE Texas tonight. Hogs came in right at dark.

I shot a Rage Hypodermic at the first one. Pass through but with little blood on the arrow. Shot a Magnus Stinger right after at another one.

Found blood under the feeder and tracked one about 30 yards. I assume this was the one shot with the hypodermic as I didn’t find my other arrow.

Pics please, or it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mature ETX management deer. 192lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X