Stabilizer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizer question

I'm breaking in a new bow and not real sure what, if anything, the stabilizer is doing for me. It seems most hunters use one but I'm curious if it's necessary? Maybe I need more weight or a longer one to add counterbalance. It shoots the same and I notice I have some movement either way. Granted it's not a major issue, I'm still able to group 6-8" at 50 yards, but would prefer better. Any advice?

Longer bar and more weight on the front. A 10 degree down angle seems to help too. Or keep current bar and add weight. It’ll help slow the wobble

A back bar system will help too if it’s done correctly
    Last edited by kd350; 08-06-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I've tried stabilizers with my halon the past couple years but keep getting better groups without. Not sure why.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
        I'm breaking in a new bow and not real sure what, if anything, the stabilizer is doing for me. It seems most hunters use one but I'm curious if it's necessary? Maybe I need more weight or a longer one to add counterbalance. It shoots the same and I notice I have some movement either way. Granted it's not a major issue, I'm still able to group 6-8" at 50 yards, but would prefer better. Any advice?
        I think they help, especially at longer distance. I would try a little more weight. Add an ounce shoot a couple groups..adjust as needed.

You can try a longer one, it should need less weight to obtain the result as a shorter one.

10° down should also help with reducing the weight needed.

Back bar will help with right to left issues and if your pin is sitting low.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X