bouncy freezer door = wasted meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely learned my lesson. a few nights ago i got something out of the garage fridge's freezer and apparently the door bounced and failed to close. fast forward to an hour ago when i discovered a water on the floor of the garage leading to the garage fridge and everything in the freezer being completely thawed out, including an 18lb turkey i was saving for a special occasion. surface temperature of the turkey was 46F, and there was no ice crystals to be found in the entire freezer. so much meat wasted...

100% will be buying one of those wifi thermometers that go in freezers. ugh.

in the meantime, is anyone in the Denton area looking to sell some of their beef or venison? or maybe trade for feral hog? if so send me a PM. I'm interested in buying/trading.

I don’t think it’s legal to sell wild game.

Comment

Well now you will know to close the door right. Our garage freezer does it every time if you just swing it shut. Freezer has an alarm but I can't hear it. Sorry you lost all the meat.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and check out yolink. Read about it on here. Saved me the other day when I left the door open.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just posted a similar thread. It sucks.

Comment

I put a hasp on mine. Reminds me to insure it closed

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
              Do yourself a favor and check out yolink. Read about it on here. Saved me the other day when I left the door open.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
              This is what I have and it has already saved me once.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                This is what I have and it has already saved me once.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I put a hasp on mine. Reminds me to insure it closed

My main freezer which is a chest freezer has one on it. Im so paranoid I even backed it with construction adhesive haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just posted a similar thread. It sucks.

Comment

Lost a **** ton of meat to a thrown gfci plug multiple times. It hurts. A temp sensor should fix just about any potential issue

Comment

I will never have a chest freezer again. I switched to a standup with alarms and Wi-Fi.

I also built my new house with a space for my freezer to be in my laundry room which connects to my master closet/master bath and is right next to my master bedroom.

Comment

I posted this in another freezer post. Here's what I bought (Home Depot) and added to mine so it wouldn't accidentally pop open. I added the small piece to the door first. I then attached the lock to the door piece and pushed in on my freezer door firmly and had someone mark the holes. I have to push on the freezer door to lock it, just so I have a good confirmation on a more snug seal than just the door closing alone.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by BowPro73; 06-04-2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

It's happened twice to me in past 10 years. Ordered a YoLink. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                            X