Lavaca Co Deer Lease price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavaca Co Deer Lease price?

What would be an expected 50 acre deer lease cost in Lavaca county that doesn’t have water or electric utilities? Would you pay up front for a 3 year term?

I’d think around 2,000 to 2,500

Comment

$500 maybe depends on location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Without knowing the owner & place, I wouldn't pay up front for 3 years. Too much to go bad & maybe have to fight to get money back if it went bad.
        3000As far as price, being close to Houston etc, 2 -3 thousand wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

50 acres, unless it’s got proven big deer and good neighbors in lavaca county I wouldn’t pay more than 1500. Even that would be a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

I would think $15/acre is fair. That’s south Texas rates for places with water and electric.

Comment

I know of a couple 50-75ac places going for $1K....

Comment

Wouldn't even consider it.

Comment

That's why we get these high *** lease prices with dummies paying 3 grand for 50 acres

Comment

You wonder why lease prices are so high? Duh.

Comment

Assuming it's standard Lavaca County brush and mostly huntable

1) $10 Per Acre minimum
                      2) Could be higher up to $20 (more if you want to be silly or it backs up something special, close to house, another property, etc..)

I pay on the higher end for 91 acres. Benefits to me 1) Has creek access and fence touches my home place of 130 acres. Me leasing keeps other jacklegs away and allows us to spread out.
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                        50 acres, unless it’s got proven big deer and good neighbors in lavaca county I wouldn’t pay more than 1500. Even that would be a tough pill to swallow.
                        Amen!

Comment

$1000 max

No water no electricity is tough. That adds a lot of cost and hassel.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was the landowner, no amount would be worth it unless I REALLY knew who it was.

I have a place I hunt for free that is comparable size, but I also take care of the place and do odd jobs as needed/when needed to help out the place. Most of the time, stuff I find to fix before the LO does.

Comment

$750. Family hunts off your tags

Comment

Working...
                              X