No announcement yet.

Best bang for buck zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a $3000 CubCadet ZT1 at Home Depot back in February for $1500 just because it had a flat on the back tire. Nothing else wrong with it. The store had marked it down half price and they had already ordered a new wheel and tire I found out later.
    I didn’t have my trailer so when I came back in three days to pick it up with my fixaflat and air tank they had got the tire in and replaced it already. I just let the gate down on my trailer and the store employee drove it on.
    I still can’t believe that was a $1500 flat!

These mowers are not as heavy duty as the ones mentioned above but they don’t cost $8500 plus either. I’m 57 and it should last me 20 years plus if I take care of it. My last Cub Cadet I had I bought used and it was 18 years old when I got rid of it. I can’t justify paying tractor price for a lawn mower myself.

Comment

Hustler raptor SD 54. Have right 300 hours in 6 years and has been a good machine. Very little complaints.

One warranty issue and hustler did me right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thing is a beast!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          I own a Scag and a Hustler Raptor HD.
          I wouldn't buy another Hustler Raptor HD. Especially if you are mowing tall grass. I have never had a mower clog up with grass as much as I have had with the Raptor.
          I have a Hustler Fastrak 54 and my only complaint is how much grass collects under the deck. I had a Dixon for 10 years before this one and it hardly ever need to have the deck cleaned of caked on grass. Been a great mower other than this.

Comment

I run a Scag Tiger Car 48”, no problems other than maintenance in 8 years. I’m tough on equipment, my 4+ acres isn’t smooth so I’m always banging into posts, etc. and it keeps on going!

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
              Can you just cut the bar off with a Sawzall? That bar does not really support anything.
              You definitely can, but if you hit something solid it can push the deck into the blade on that side which would not be good. The after market part braces the deck after the bar is removed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Exmark yet. I bought a 48” Exmark Lazer with a 21hp Kawasaki in 2001 and I still use it. I mowed with it commercially for about 10yrs and then started using it to mow my yard. It’s been so reliable that I’d have a hard time buying anything else…I always recommend Exmark mowers.

Comment

Originally posted by ohuett View Post
                  I can’t believe no one has mentioned Exmark yet. I bought a 48” Exmark Lazer with a 21hp Kawasaki in 2001 and I still use it. I mowed with it commercially for about 10yrs and then started using it to mow my yard. It’s been so reliable that I’d have a hard time buying anything else…I always recommend Exmark mowers.

Exmark are very popular here in the Midwest. Another brand that is popular here in Iowa are Country Clipper made in Corydon, Iowa.

Engineered for Easy. Mow smarter, not harder. Why Country Clipper? Honoring Our Heroes You've earned your stripes. Now save up to $500 to make more. See Details Retail Financing Available Our financing makes managing cash flow as easy as managing your lawn. Financing Details

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Ferris, working on 4 years of trouble free service. The hour meter went out at the end of the first summer, they replaced it and I have had no other issues with it. I mow about 4 acres or rough yard and the 4 wheel independent suspension is great. I have a lot of trees and hit many a limb that fell and it's never missed a beat.

Comment

I have a snapper pro s120. Second year of service with no problems sofar.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Love my Hustler raptor 48 inch until I ran the engine out of oil and never checked it. Engine seized and $1900 later I put a new motor on it. That is what I call paying a “stupid tax”

Comment

My hustler with Kawasaki engine has been great
                            Have only had to do typical maintenance and am currently at 550 ish hours

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              I would look at the Hustler Raptor line.
                              this

Comment

I bought a cub cadet last year 42” and it will beat you to death . Had a belt shred about the 4-5’th time using it . It should last me a long time but I would not buy another . It cuts ok for my use but I would not be happy with it to mow someone else’s lawn . The mulching kit is a joke , it is a plastic cover that does not fit well and always catches grass in it . I may modify the seat and mulch cover this winter if I get time . It does have a Kawasaki motor so I am hoping I can deal with the mechanical issues as it ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X