Chamber vacuum sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chamber vacuum sealer

Alright green screen I’m in the market for a chamber vacuum sealer. Which one do you have, and where did you find the best deal?
    What are the do’s and don’ts with them. I haven’t used or owned one before so fill me in please. I just know I’m tired of the regular old vacuum sealers being so finicky and not sealing and high priced bags. Point me in the right direction. Would like to stay as close to $1k as I can or less if I can without sacrificing quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a Vacmaster VP215. I got it off Amazon and paid around $900 on a sale. I highly recommend getting the VP 230 model. It will seal two 6" wide bags at once. I wish I'd spent the extra money on it.

Comment

Webstraunt supply

Comment

I have this one https://www.meatyourmaker.com/preser...5.html#start=1

Put it on a cart so I don't have to lug it around. It'd been great. It was closer to 500 when I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Put it on a cart so I don't have to lug it around. It'd been great. It was closer to 500 when I bought it.

Awesome sealer. Won't overheat and easy to use.

Have not had a bag fail and they are fair priced, especially when they run the 20 - 25% off specials throughout the year, I use all 3 sizes of their bags.

Only item to be aware of as noted above, they are heavy

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
            Awesome sealer. Won't overheat and easy to use.

Have not had a bag fail and they are fair priced, especially when they run the 20 - 25% off specials throughout the year, I use all 3 sizes of their bags.

Only item to be aware of as noted above, they are heavy
            Bought my Vacmaster VP210 from an add off of "offer up", paid 300.00. Met the seller in the parking lot of a grocery store. The car pulled up with black tinted windows and the shady guy got out. Wondering if it was used to vacuum seal something other than food?

I love mine and I use it all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
              I've got a Vacmaster VP215. I got it off Amazon and paid around $900 on a sale. I highly recommend getting the VP 230 model. It will seal two 6" wide bags at once. I wish I'd spent the extra money on it.
              This is the one I’m saving up for. It will seal retort bags so I can make legit MRE’s

Comment

Chamber vacuum sealer

Get the LEM one from Costco for $650. Great warranty and not a bad price compared to others. Brother has a Vac215 and it’s great but almost double price. Biggest difference is the seal bar size and it’s a sunk cavity instead of raised.

Do: keep the pump oil tank at correct level. Buy bags in bulk. Pay attention to max height it will seal (5” tall or so) Enjoy
                Don’t: put hot items in as they boil out of bags. Don’t expect it to be fast, my LEM runs 38seconds to pull -100kpa

Last edited by bmac; 07-17-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

This is the one I have. The only negative is that it is heavy!!!! So much better than a standard bag sealer.

Comment

Breville PolyScience 300 Series vac sealer.. you won't find one better in the $1k range

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                      I bought this model for my Dad on fathers day this year, thing will literally seal a bag of water! One of the best machines I've ever seen in action.

It is heavy and bulky, so it either lives on the counter tops or you get a cart for it, cause its not something you just pull out of the cabinet when you need it

Comment

I bought a toolbox to put mine on. All the different size bags go into the drawers. Works great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, y'all talked me into it... Ordered the VacMaster VP230 and a bunch of bags... Be here next week... Will get to learn how to use it on this Spring's veggies out of the garden so I should be ready to do some serious vacuum sealing meet come Fall!

Comment

Good deal, Charlie. You'll love it. We have put ours to heavy use with all the deer, elk, veggies, leftovers, fish, seasonings, etc.

Here's a short video of mine I made a while back:

Comment

Working...
                            X