Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshman View Post
    Amazing images no doubt but 2 things come to my mind

1) How are we seeing galaxies as they existed 4.6 billion years ago? I’m simple minded so can someone explain that please and
    2) we may actually find something out there we may not want to find! Ever think about that? The
    1. The speed of light is constant and there are methods to determine relative brightness of an object. As an example, if you had a 40W bulb at 10 ft and 10000 ft, you could sense the measured brightness at 10 ft vs 10000ft and make a fairly accurate estimate.

2. I have, and its as exciting as it is scary!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

Is it me or does the photo seam to hint at a rotation of the stars about the center?

[ATTACH]1094846[/ATTACH]
      What you see in that photo is gravitational lensing / distortion. Its basically the observed power of gravity to bend light. Its pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        They spend most of it making fake videos of moon landing. Only the real smart people like yourself got it figured out. Its all a scam.

The jig is up. I guess I should start looking for a new place of employment.

I’m glad you pointed it out. It’s funny how everyone doesn’t trust the government, or media but sure believe what the media and government try to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang it, now I need to go bust out the telescope and do some star gazing!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
            The Bible doesn't read that way. And the only Jesus of Nazareth that exists is a human.
            I agree that Jesus is the only way to salvation for us on earth. However, I am going to have to politely disagree that the Bible doesnt open up possibilities of life outside of our planet. However, that life would be suject to Gods authority in my opinion. Look at the following:

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. Col 1:16

Genius 1 and John 1 explain God is in control of all things.

We are also taught in Romans 11, 1 Cor 2, and from God's response to Job, that we will not understand His ways.

The language used in the book of Revelation discribes a lot of creatures and scenarios that seem beyond our realm.

Even the spirt world alone, is housed somewhere, not sure that is heaven as some spirits are evil.

I personally dont believe in aliens, but I just can not be on board with putting limits placed on Gods power or ability by saying...."it's not in the Bible." We are humans and dont get to understand everything, plus not everything was recorded. Faith is dependent on trusting Gods promises and through Jesus blood.

God is good. And limitless in his power, IMO.

Comment

Absolutely amazing. How does one not believe there is a GOD. So amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                I’m glad you pointed it out. It’s funny how everyone doesn’t trust the government, or media but sure believe what the media and government try to tell you.

Wait you really believe the earth is flat?

Comment

I definitely don't trust the gov or media. Not sure they had a lot of influence on folks like Aristotle who were the first to discover that the earth was round. I have an open mind but the things I've seen about flat earth have not been believable...at least not in my feeble mind. I'd be glad to review it if you want to post some of your most compelling evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    I learned from a couple guys in PACE that you must prove it's round. No pictures, testimonies, or logic. Absolute proof. Proven in a court of law, no a higher court.

And yes, any and all proof will be discredited as non-proof

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Wait you really believe the earth is a globe? Have you seen it with your own eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                        I agree that Jesus is the only way to salvation for us on earth. However, I am going to have to politely disagree that the Bible doesnt open up possibilities of life outside of our planet. However, that life would be suject to Gods authority in my opinion. Look at the following:

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. Col 1:16

Genius 1 and John 1 explain God is in control of all things.

We are also taught in Romans 11, 1 Cor 2, and from God's response to Job, that we will not understand His ways.

The language used in the book of Revelation discribes a lot of creatures and scenarios that seem beyond our realm.

Even the spirt world alone, is housed somewhere, not sure that is heaven as some spirits are evil.

I personally dont believe in aliens, but I just can not be on board with putting limits placed on Gods power or ability by saying...."it's not in the Bible." We are humans and dont get to understand everything, plus not everything was recorded. Faith is dependent on trusting Gods promises and through Jesus blood.

God is good. And limitless in his power, IMO.
                        What I said was that the Bible doesn't read like there are other, physical, embodied species somewhere out there in the universe with whom God has a relationship. The Bible reads like the only life God has is the life that he has with Earth-bound Humans. Nothing in what I said indicated that I believe there are limits to God's power or ability. I simply said that the Bible doesn't read like there are other, non-human, ensouled (I created a new word there) creatures for whom God is working out salvation. As the Bible reads, the only life God has is the life that he has with Humans. (Contrast that with, say, Allah, who, apparently does have a life - or lives - with other creatures in other dimensions). I, too, believe that God is omnipotent; even though there isn't a verse that says that.
                        If there are other embodied, ensouled creatures in the universe (that God would have been the creator of), and if they are free-willed, and if His end-goal for them is everlasting, glorious Life, then He would have to deal with the issue of Sin for them, just as with us. The only way for Him to do that would be to go to those creatures as one of them - "in the likeness of sinful (Martian) flesh" - living and dying as one of them; and then being resurrected and embodied as one of them, everlastingly living with them as that embodied, glorified Martian (or whatever). That is how it is being worked out for us Humans. It would have to be the same for the Martians. That scenario creates all sorts of problems. For example, what would be done with "...that he gave his only begotten Son..."? The Jesus being spoken of in Colossians 1 is the once-dead, now-resurrected, glorified, embodied, Human Jesus: God's only Biblically-recorded plan from before He created anything.

It's true that we don't understand all of God's ways. But it's not true that we don't understand any of His ways. He has explained some of His ways to us. The Book of Revelation was written to First Century Believers with the intended purpose of their understanding. So whatever the visions of Revelation are about, God's (and John's) assumption was that those First Century Believers would understand them. (I'm happy to talk about Revelation. But that's a whole other topic.)

I think that Earth is the "Visited Planet" and no other. (Google The Visited Planet by JB Phillips) Pursue me further if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          I laughed way harder at this than I should have

Comment

Now how in the world (or not the world i guess?) are they taking photos billions of lightyears away but my game camera is blurry when deer walks past at a brisk pace?

Comment

[ATTACH]1095034[/ATTACH]

Comment

I was only joking about the fake moon landing.

I'm not believing things because my government tells me so.

I have seen with my own eyes other planets that are round. I can observe them in a telescope rotate about their axis. Why would I think our rock is any different then those?

Comment

Working...
                                X