• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on an awesome buck

Great story, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t know how I missed this. Congrats on a helluva blacktail buck !

Comment

14" of deductions? I'm not seeing anywhere close to that. Can you post the measurements? That must be the typical score, not the non-typical?

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
          14" of deductions? I'm not seeing anywhere close to that. Can you post the measurements? That must be the typical score, not the non-typical?

Well 13 2/8” of deductions. I just looked at the sheet. I can’t seem to get it to let me put a photo up. Been having issues for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
            Got my buck officially scored. 143 2/8 as a non typical. Almost 14” of deductions unfortunately but I’m stoked for a buck of this caliber. Was told tonight by a pope and young scorer that he should be top 20 in the world for non typical.

Absolutely awesome deer. 14” is tough deductions. Do you know what the shrink was? I was wondering how bad the drying would be

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
              Absolutely awesome deer. 14” is tough deductions. Do you know what the shrink was? I was wondering how bad the drying would be

Well when I had it scored before the drying period it came out at 148” but what I found out as the guy that scored it did it wrong. So in all reality when they did it last night I had asked about that and they said it shouldn’t of shrank much at all.

Comment

Wow & congratulations!!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE445B52-3915-476F-A5EA-B0DE43DB620A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	24677253

Comment

Any way that you look at it, that is one heck of a buck. Congrats.

Comment

I'm an official scorer and while I can't say the scorer did it 'incorrectly', based on what I can see from the photos, I would have score it differently. The right side of course is very straightforward. Can't really see it clearly in the photos, but on the left side, he said there is no G3. If that long tine is common base with the G2 (which appears to be the case), it should be the G3, which would reduce the deductions and greatly benefit the score.

Comment

Amazing Buck and thank you for sharing!

Cant wait to see the mount!

Comment

Great buck. Congrats and with your son priceless for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                            I'm an official scorer and while I can't say the scorer did it 'incorrectly', based on what I can see from the photos, I would have score it differently. The right side of course is very straightforward. Can't really see it clearly in the photos, but on the left side, he said there is no G3. If that long tine is common base with the G2 (which appears to be the case), it should be the G3, which would reduce the deductions and greatly benefit the score.

I totally agree with you on this. That was part of the problem and I expressed my concern with it as I had it rough scores by an official scorer about a month after I killed it. I’m taking it up to the sportsman’s show next week so I may just have it checked again.

Comment

Heck of a buck!

Comment

donk of a blacktail man, awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X