Bathroom remodel flooring question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom remodel flooring question?

Remodeling the master bath and trying to decide on tile flooring or going with some waterproof laminate wood. Concrete slab foundation and had tile before and have worked with tile before.

How does the new laminate wood hold up over time in a bathroom? How hard is it to put down?

Thanks!

Laminate or vinyl? Laminate not well at all. Vinyl floors do really well. They have come a long ways with those products. Of course tile is your clear winner. I’m a contractor so this is coming from a pro.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the vinyl (laminate) in my house and though it would hold up to the wet, I wouldn't put it in the bath or kitchen.
      It's easy to install as long as the slab is perfectly flat and level.

Comment

LVP ALL THE WAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m remodeling mine right more
          We are putting waterproof vinyl plank in ours

6.5mm NuCore Cortado Oak Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Plank - Cork Back looks and feels like wood and tile, but can be installed where real wood cannot. With quick and ea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Most of the vinyl can be glued. I'd consider it.

Comment

Tile that looks like wood that's what I'll be doing.

Comment

Coming from a Landlord/property manager/maintenance man and horticulturalist...there is no such thing as waterproof wood.

I have glue down vinyl planking strips in many properties...it performs very well with water leaks on concrete slabs and not popping...even when glued down to wood subfloor. The subfloor fails...the glue down vinyl planks and adhesive dont fail. I use a wood grained/styled vinly plank. I only use wood grained laminate planks on cracked monolithic slabs to float across the cracks. Mohawk and Earthworks are several brands of vinyl planking Ive used.

As a property owner and manager I would never intentionally install any wood flooring in a wet area. It will get wet. It will decay and decompose.

I think the wood grained tile is sexy but its far from my standard materials. If the slab is 15 yrs or older and stable...Id go with wood grained tile.

Good luck Mr405.

Comment

Sorry, I meant vinyl, not laminate. Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions!

Comment

Vinyl plank (life proof from HD)that looks like old barn wood in mine and it's holding up greatand looks good as well.

Comment

Tile would be my vote. Looks elegant and no water issues. Wears well long term.

Comment

I’m doing a vinyl with grout currently (just stopped for the evening).... mmeehhh

I’m a tile guy and it’s the winner by far in the end. Either will take the appropriate prep work to make the finished product turn out. Super flat is ultra important with vinyl to make it hold. The prep work it took me today to lay an inferior product... I would have been done with tile. Slabs over the last 20 years are being poured worse by the day

Comment

Going to do VP in the bathroom I am remodeling.

Comment

Good question OP, I have a remodel planned as well. Thanks to those who posted this useful info. Good luck with the remodel OP.

Comment

Working...
                            X