Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Small Knife Sharpener for Pack?

That’s small...knife sharpener!

I’m a back pack guy and kill a pig every once in a while. I have a tendency to forget to sharpen my knife in between field dressing them. What have y’all found that is compact and will sharpen a knife quickly in the field? Knife is a gerber if that helps.

And go...!!!

I carry one by Benchmade...its a small barrel shaped sharpener. Comes with a small sheath. It's small enough to lose in your pack if you aren't sure where you put it. I carry a regular knife and a changeable blade knife with extra blades as well as this sharpener in a small zipper pocket in my Badlands pack.

Hope this helps brother.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Best Small Knife Sharpener for Pack?

Pull the yellow one out of the fish event boxes I put in there. It’s the size of a tangerine ...

Comment

Moore Maker Inc. is Texas premier manufacturer of Western Knives, Knife Accessories, Fence Building Tools, and Dehorners. Moore Maker also carries a varied supply of miscellaneous Ranching and Cowboy equipment.

I have one of these and it works great in a pack.

Comment

RADA sharpener, hard to beat for the money and small enough for a pack

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Pull the yellow one out of the fish event boxes I put in there. It’s the size of a tangerine ...
            Jason I tried that one last night. Had it with me and is the reason I started the post. I had fits with it. At least with the particular knife I have. I just could not get an edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Jason I tried that one last night. Had it with me and is the reason I started the post. I had fits with it. At least with the particular knife I have. I just could not get an edge.

Weird. I have been touching up my cleaning knives with them and God knows the knives in the boxes were dull[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Roll the window on the truck down 3/4 of the way down.

Drag the blade across the top of window 6-12 times a side of blade.

Trust me. Works in a pinch.

Comment

Best sharpener for your pack. Thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

This x2. I don’t see how a better option could be created, really.

Comment

Buy a mora kniv serrated

Buy a cheap mora serrated; gut and clean 10 -15 hogs then buy another zero knife sharpening. Or buy one and keep it in your pack when you forget to have a sharp knife in your hand
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-07-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Havalon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

This one. I keep one in my pack and one in my boat. This is a great little sharpener. The plates with the diamond grit on them flip over so it won't scrape up against whatever else is in your pack.

Comment

I’ve got a little flat diamond stone sold by Moore Maker that works great for me. Thin, lightweight and about 4 inches long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use an Arkansas tri hone. Never let me down

Comment

Working...
                              X