No announcement yet.

Propane or electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha! Didn’t know if they could simply pump it out of a tank or what. And preparedness always trumps fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Good stuff y’all. Can you install anti-theft devices on a propane tank?
      Where you live sounds like where we live in Iowa.... very remote. We don't worry about locking the doors. I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing your propane.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No bro. We live right outside of Houston. I want to get as far away from this Democrat run hail hole as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          My concerns with propane are what happens when you get 3 ft of snow and trucks can't get to you to fill your tank ? Happened up here and folks were snowed in for 2 weeks. Power was back on way before the snow melted enough for folks to get out of their property.

Not really as simple as having propane when the power goes out.
          We keep our driveway plowed during snow events. Our propane distributor has chains on his delivery trucks.

Comment

wood is the only reliable resource

Comment

Good stuff y’all. Can you install anti-theft devices on a propane tank?
              Yes, bury it

Comment

No bro. We live right outside of Houston. I want to get as far away from this Democrat run hail hole as possible.
                That is what we did. We bailed. Too much traffic, too much crime, too much craziness in the DFW metroplex.

We see less than 10 vehicles a day and about 1/2 of those are tractors.

I was telling my neighbor about catalytic converters and tailgates getting stolen in the city in Texas. He couldn't believe stuff like that happens. He said he has lived here for 50 years and never locked a door or had anything stolen.

Comment

Working...
                X