Walking to blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking to blind

When I get to the lease I always park at the gate and walk about 550 yards to my blind. When I ride with my son he wants to drive into the lease an extra 150 yards and walk from that point. I shake my head but never say anything. We both walk about the same distance since it is a small lease, which is why I prefer to park at the gate and walk from there. What do you do and am I being to picky?

mature bucks know what you're doing if you do it the same way every time, i think

Comment

I park right behind my blind 20 yds. Deer walk right past my truck sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just know what way the deer come from and don’t park that direction from your blind I’ve parked 50 yards from a blind before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every place is different so you have to figure out what works best for your place. For my places I never park more then 200 yards away.

Comment

I park about 100 yards over a hill from my stand. Other guys on my lease pass by my truck going to camp, after the morning hunt, and regularly jump up deer near my truck. We have deer come thru camp and even had 7 gobblers walk thru camp during the middle of the day right past all the trucks. I don't think animals are as spooked by vehicles as many think but I don't want to park right where I hunt either. Just my observation.

Comment

I think you might be a little too conservative. I would try to avoid parking near where you think they bed or feed but I would think you could drive a little closer to your blind. I would try to walk in a little early to let things settle down before prime time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just go have fun with your son and don't sweat the small stuff. Good luck to y'all.

Comment

I typically park my 4 wheeler about 300 yards from my tree stand, just before a natural spring creek and then walk in.

I have been thinking of parking further away because on two occasions this season already I had a doe scream at what sounded like the exact location where I parked.

Didn't see anything rest of the day both times.

J

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                    I park right behind my blind 20 yds. Deer walk right past my truck sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I always park and walk a good distance BUT one day it was pouring down rain and my hunting truck was giving me issues so once I fed out with the road feeder, and because I was just hunting doe, I parked 30 feet from my tower blind. At daylight the deer filtered in and within a hour some where literally eating corn off the spinner plate of my road feeder... At that moment, after all these years of stealth mode, I realized I had been trying to hard.. SMH..

Comment

Depends, some stands I park right behind and there’s one I can think of I park over 1/2 mile from..

Comment

But if I could park at the gate and walk 550 instead of 400 I would.. all these people talking about deer eating off their truck and deer walking thru camp can be true, I’ve hunted places like that but I’ve hunted some 100% opposite so I guess what I’m saying is not all places are the same and most mature bucks aren’t going to come get corn out of the bed of your truck

Comment

Due to the layout of my lease and other blind locations I end up parking about 1/2-3/4 mile from my stand, even when no one else is hunting.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I park about 10 yards from my blind in a cut out of brush.

Comment

Biggest buck I ever shot, my buggy was parked 40 yds from my stand.

Not sure it really matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X