Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold LRP Reviews

Hey guys,

Looking for a long range scope for my .300. What's the verdict on these LRP'S? I've been told they're an upgraded mark 4. I Like the price point as compared to a Razor Vortex. Any suggestions, or reviews would be appreciated.

I bought one last fall for my speed goat hunt. I compared side by side to vortex, etc. around similar price points and hands down it was better in every way IMO. Light and glass clarity were the easy winners.

It’s going on my new APR build when it’s ready.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
      I bought one last fall for my speed goat hunt. I compared side by side to vortex, etc. around similar price points and hands down it was better in every way IMO. Light and glass clarity were the easy winners.

It’s going on my new APR build when it’s ready.

G.
      Thanks for the feedback. Also considering the Nightforce SHV series.
      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 03-18-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I was looking at these and the Vortex, but I found the Athlon Ares ETR. Excellent glass, very loud turret clicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have one on my Browning hells canyon. Love it. Get it as close to the barrel as you can when mounting it. I think I went with medium rings and it's about 1/4" off the barrel. I have the 34moa reticle and honestly don't need to touch the turrets unless in fine tuning shots. Always back to zero and the dial let's you know how many moa you have dialed with the drop down counter. It's amazing

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
            Have one on my Browning hells canyon. Love it. Get it as close to the barrel as you can when mounting it. I think I went with medium rings and it's about 1/4" off the barrel. I have the 34moa reticle and honestly don't need to touch the turrets unless in fine tuning shots. Always back to zero and the dial let's you know how many moa you have dialed with the drop down counter. It's amazing

Good to hear.

Comment

They’re awesome scopes. Got one on a .22-250 and 7mag. Have zero complaints!

Comment

I put one on my APR build from last year and I’ve been very happy with it. Btw, I have a M4 on my 308, and I like the LRP better. My $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                  I put one on my APR build from last year and I’ve been very happy with it. Btw, I have a M4 on my 308, and I like the LRP better. My $0.02

Comment

Awesome looking rig. Have ya'll had any experience with the Nightforce SHV series?

Comment

We have 4 of the LRP's in 6.5x20 and all 4 have performed and tracked well. So well that one of these was a replacement for the Vortex that was on my 300 RUM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        We have 4 of the LRP's in 6.5x20 and all 4 have performed and tracked well. So well that one of these was a replacement for the Vortex that was on my 300 RUM.
                        What Vortex model was it?

Comment

My rig with the LRP. Love it. Working on a 147gr load around 2800fps. Great long range gun.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love mine, best glass I own other than my binos. I have a vortex pst gen 1 and the LRP blows it away.

Comment

Working...
                            X