Looks like a bumper acorn crop this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a bumper acorn crop this year

I guess I'll be hunting my alternate stand in the oak patch opening morning. They ain't touching corn right now where I'm at.
    Last edited by LovinTxHuntin; 09-17-2019, 01:38 PM.

Total opposite where I live and where I hunt. My white oaks, red oaks, pin oaks, etc are bare in Polk County where I live and in Houston County where I primarily hunt. The mature bucks have regularly been at the feeder.

Comment

Still hitting the feeders in Junction but not for long...... the oaks are loaded, just not falling yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im in Rosharon and the acorns have been falling for the past 2weeks. The trees are loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          Total opposite where I live and where I hunt. My white oaks, red oaks, pin oaks, etc are bare in Polk County where I live and in Houston County where I primarily hunt. The mature bucks have regularly been at the feeder.
          Same in my little corner of walker and grimes county. 99% of the trees are bare. the few that do have acorns are pretty loaded, but its the tiny little pea size acorns on the short scrubby oak. IDK what kind of tree it is, but they are smallish, about 10-12 ft tall with tiny leaves.

Comment

We have a decent acorn crop but the main drag may be the persimmon berries. We have hundreds if not thousands of trees and they are so loaded and sagging down it's crazy. Animals don't even have to eat off the ground, just stand in one spot.

But I think the deer at least like corn a little better than persimmon.

Comment

in Rocksprings the persimmons are LOADED, actually my wife just made 2 gallons of persimmon syrup yesterday along with 26 jars of cactus jelly the week before.

anyway, all of the oaks are loaded too and just now starting to drop a few so I made sure all of my tree stands in the oaks are ready for opening day and the trails are very active during shooting hours.

Comment

Thet acorns are all over at our place in Mason.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X