Protestant Sex Abuse Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know when the Catholic scandal was being discussed on here some suggested that the root of the problem was due to the celibacy policy. I'd like to suggest that this new scandal refutes this theory.

In my opinion there are a couple reasons for these scandals. 1st, I believe that the closer you get to God, the harder the devil works to tempt and corrupt your soul. 2nd, the powers of evil (in the form of communists and democrats) have long been doing their best to infiltrate many religious/humanitarian organizations so as to destroy them (along with our country) from within.

Any time you kneel beside your bed to pray for yourself or your loved ones, pray also for the men and women who are sharing God's message. Let there be no doubt there is a spiritual war raging in this world and they need our support.

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pu...D=ansmsnnews11

I know when the Catholic scandal was being discussed on here some suggested that the root of the problem was due to the celibacy policy. I'd like to suggest that this new scandal refutes this theory.

In my opinion there are a couple reasons for these scandals. 1st, I believe that the closer you get to God, the harder the devil works to tempt and corrupt your soul. 2nd, the powers of evil (in the form of communists and democrats) have long been doing their best to infiltrate many religious/humanitarian organizations so as to destroy them (along with our country) from within.

Any time you kneel beside your bed to pray for yourself or your loved ones, pray also for the men and women who are sharing God's message. Let there be no doubt there is a spiritual war raging in this world and they need our support.

I’m so glad I’m non denominational[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not shocked. I don’t disagree with your theory. Churches and organizations of all types must prevent and deal with these and stop sweeping them under the rug

Comment

The SBC abandoned what a biblical church should be decades ago.

The seminaries taught how how to run a church like a business instead of a hospital for the hurting. These are the effects of it...get ready, there is more.

I suspect the only change that takes place is the posting of “I am sorry” letters to social media and other news outlets.

Comment

Predators lurk in the most unlikely of places.
          No one ever sees them until it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Predators lurk in the most unlikely of places.
            No one ever sees them until it's too late.
            No they lurk where prey is teaming and that prey has its defenses down because they believe it to be a safe environment

Comment

Every church has people who say they are believers but in what is the question. Remember - even the devil believes in Jesus and his demons acknowledged Jesus as God throughout the Bible. But they are not willing to submit to His lordship.

For anyone to say the problem is only in the Catholic church is naive and has forgotten Jerry Falwell and slew of other TV evangelists. This problem is in every church.

Comment

In the same manner that we expect Muslims to denounce the evils within their religion, we should be vehemently denouncing this. While our God is one of forgiveness, He is also one that allows for consequences. If you suspect an adult is diddling a child in your church speak up and do not be quiet about it. The world needs to know that the righteous will not stand for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  The SBC abandoned what a biblical church should be decades ago.

The seminaries taught how how to run a church like a business instead of a hospital for the hurting. These are the effects of it...get ready, there is more.

I suspect the only change that takes place is the posting of “I am sorry” letters to social media and other news outlets.
                  Wow, that’s a really bold, sweeping, and inflammatory statement! I would love to hear how you came to this conclusion? I’d bet we studied under some of the same Profs and I never felt I was in Business 101. Pm if you’d rather in order to keep this thread on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    If you suspect an adult is diddling a child anywhere at anytime speak up and do not be quiet about it. The world needs to know that the righteous will not stand for it.
                    I think that is what you meant. With all the radical left Alphabet soup people wanting to normalize pedophilia we need all protectors on their toes when it comes to our children.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      Wow, that’s a really bold, sweeping, and inflammatory statement! I would love to hear how you came to this conclusion? I’d bet we studied under some of the same Profs and I never felt I was in Business 101. Pm if you’d rather in order to keep this thread on topic.
                      You are right Jason. I was pretty disheartened to read that article and attached some bias to it that isn’t really fair.

With that said, I pray that churches participate in biblical church discipline in these matters...that article hit pretty close to some loved ones. I wonder if sometimes the “image” of a congregation may be more important than the Message.

Comment

I understand. No harm,no foul.

Comment

Wheat and the tares.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            Every church has people who say they are believers but in what is the question. Remember - even the devil believes in Jesus and his demons acknowledged Jesus as God throughout the Bible. But they are not willing to submit to His lordship.

For anyone to say the problem is only in the Catholic church is naive and has forgotten Jerry Falwell and slew of other TV evangelists. This problem is in every church.
                            Let's see, Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Baker, Robert Tilton etc etc etc.
                            Another I don't remember his name but was the pastor of the Baptist church I went to as a kid who ran off with the church secretary and all the building fund money leaving his wife and 2 kids behind to fend for themselves. I was soured on organized religion from that point on. I can't help but view them all as crooked and not to be trusted with anything especially money and other peoples wives and kids.. Oh and lets not forget Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple
                            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 02-14-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The religious slant is interesting. Bottom line, there is trash in every chosen profession......or calling. There is more in some areas than others but we all know it is there. If anybody on this forum really even considered thinking it was a Catholic's only has got to be functioning on a minimal pulse.

Comment

Working...
                              X