Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think Ruth is going to make it another year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Pundits are saying that she attended a concert arranged by her DIL to honor RBG, but she sat in the back of the venue and NO pics were taken by anyone! Yea right!

She dead or bed-riden and the MSM is covering hoping Trump will be impeached or removed from office.
    I believe one person tweeted they hugged her at that event but deleted it later. The conspiracy is gaining steam.

Comment

If RBG leaves the court while Trump is in office, no matter what else Trump does, he will have saved this country by getting 3 constitutionalist judges seated. It wont matter what that DB Roberts does. Can you imagine if Hillary would have been elected and stacked the court with 3 additional liberal judges? The demise of our country would have been set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Pundits are saying that she attended a concert arranged by her DIL to honor RBG, but she sat in the back of the venue and NO pics were taken by anyone! Yea right!

She dead or bed-riden and the MSM is covering hoping Trump will be impeached or removed from office.
        Been saying it for weeks now. People underestimate the lefts view is the SCOTUS. The SC is their holy grail. Theyre view is they legislate from the bench. Their #1 worry is not trump in office, it is him appointing conservative judges. They will risk it all to avoid another SC appointment by trump.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          If RBG leaves the court while Trump is in office, no matter what else Trump does, he will have saved this country by getting 3 constitutionalist judges seated. It wont matter what that DB Roberts does. Can you imagine if Hillary would have been elected and stacked the court with 3 additional liberal judges? The demise of our country would have been set.
          Yep, you're right, but I fear our demise is already set. This just postponed it for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yep, you're right, but I fear our demise is already set. This just postponed it for a while...
            Dang you already pulled out the white flag?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Been saying it for weeks now. People underestimate the lefts view is the SCOTUS. The SC is their holy grail. Theyre view is they legislate from the bench. Their #1 worry is not trump in office, it is him appointing conservative judges. They will risk it all to avoid another SC appointment by trump.
              Lets say RGB is dead or dies in the next 6 month, with a Dem controlled house and narrow majority in a senate filled with establishment Republicans, do you actually think Trump can get a conservative judge approved? I don’t think so. I think the Dem’s return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                I think the Dem’s return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.
                How can a complete red wave in the next elections put them in a position to pick a liberal judge?

Comment

Lets say RGB is dead or dies in the next 6 month, with a Dem controlled house and narrow majority in a senate filled with establishment Republicans, do you actually think Trump can get a conservative judge approved? I don’t think so. I think the Dem’s return the Scalia favor and delay until after elections so that they can pick a liberal judge.

I completely disagree. Let’s make a friendly wager on it. If RBG vacates in the next 12 months another conservative judge will be appointed. Trump isn’t going to compromise. This is going to be a huge part of his legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The House has nothing to do with Federal Judge Appointments. That's part of the Senate's responsibility of Advise and Consent... Senate is a better ratio now than when either previous nominee was approved.

Don't want to wish any "bad" on anyone, but I hope she "retires" today so the process can begin immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      The House has nothing to do with Federal Judge Appointments. That's part of the Senate's responsibility of Advise and Consent... Senate is a better ratio now than when either previous nominee was approved.

Don't want to wish any "bad" on anyone, but I hope she "retires" today so the process can begin immediately!
                      And, I believe more and more Senate Republicans are seeing the benefit of jumping on the trump train voluntarily instead of being pressed to do so. RBG leaves, Trump will have no problem with his next pick

Comment

Can we submit a writ of habeas corpus? Heavy on the corpse part.......

Comment

Can someone sum up the health issues RBG has had in the last few years? And how old she was at each?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Can someone sum up the health issues RBG has had in the last few years? And how old she was at each?
                            Health
                            In 1999, Ginsburg was diagnosed with colon cancer; she underwent surgery that was followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy. During the process, she did not miss a day on the bench.[110] Ginsburg was physically weakened by the cancer treatment, and she began working with a personal trainer. Since 1999, Bryant Johnson, a former Army reservist attached to the Special Forces, has trained Ginsburg twice weekly in the justices-only gym at the Supreme Court.[111][112] In spite of her small stature, Ginsburg saw her physical fitness improve since her first bout with cancer; she was able to complete 20 push-ups in a session before her 80th birthday.[111][113]

On February 5, 2009, she again underwent surgery, this time for pancreatic cancer.[114][115] Ginsburg had a tumor that was discovered at an early stage.[114] She was released from a New York City hospital on February 13 and returned to the bench when the Supreme Court went back into session on February 23, 2009.[116][117][118] On September 24, 2009, Ginsburg was hospitalized in Washington DC for lightheadedness following an outpatient treatment for iron deficiency and was released the following day.[119]

On November 26, 2014, she had a stent placed in her right coronary artery after experiencing discomfort while exercising in the Supreme Court gym with her personal trainer.[120][121]

On November 8, 2018, she was hospitalized after fracturing three ribs in a fall in her office at the Supreme Court.[122] A day later it was reported that Ginsburg had returned to official judicial work after a day of observation.[123][124] An outpouring of public support followed.[125][126] A CT scan of her ribs following her November 8 fall showed cancerous nodules in her lungs.[127] On December 21, Ginsburg underwent a left-lung lobectomy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to remove the nodules.[127] For the first time since joining the Court more than 25 years earlier, Ginsburg missed oral argument in January 2019 while she recuperated.[128]

Comment

That's proof enough that only the good die young

Comment

Day 38 of Where's Ruth ?

#weekendatBernies

Comment

Working...
                                X