Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-24-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman
Default Late term abortion

There have already been several comments about the NY state law that passed that now permits late term abortion. This has been the best analogy Iíve seen so far

So a doctor and a mass murderer walk into a building. The doctor walks in and gives abortion to a 30 week old child, at about the same time a mass murder shoots at a woman with a 30 week old child inside her, the child dies but she survives. The doctor lives to abort another day. The psychopath murderer is charged with 1st degree murder and is sentenced to life without parole.

All 3 of my kids were born at 36 weeks or less. None of them required extended hospitalization or procedures. This is murder, plain and simple.
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2019, 11:52 PM   #2
Draco
Pope & Young

Yes it is. I bet if that same law was passed about aborting puppies just before they were born, people would be going crazy.

Last edited by Draco; 01-24-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

wow....
my oldest was born at 32 weeks...

F NY....
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM   #4
hully1029
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
wow....
my oldest was born at 32 weeks...

F NY....
Same here..

F em..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hully1029 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #5
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
There have already been several comments about the NY state law that passed that now permits late term abortion. This has been the best analogy Iíve seen so far

So a doctor and a mass murderer walk into a building. The doctor walks in and gives abortion to a 30 week old child, at about the same time a mass murder shoots at a woman with a 30 week old child inside her, the child dies but she survives. The doctor lives to abort another day. The psychopath murderer is charged with 1st degree murder and is sentenced to life without parole.

All 3 of my kids were born at 36 weeks or less. None of them required extended hospitalization or procedures. This is murder, plain and simple.
Itís actually a bad analogy because this new law doesnít consider the baby to be a person. The psychopath would not get charged with murder.
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 07:32 AM   #6
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinesintx View Post
Itís actually a bad analogy because this new law doesnít consider the baby to be a person. The psychopath would not get charged with murder.
What are you talking about? This new law does not apply to violent homicide.

As I understand it, if a Dr does it with momís consent= ok
Anyone else does it = murder
Old 01-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #7
armadillophil
Ten Point

The mindset and morality of Democrats is disgusting.
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 AM   #8
Tracy moss
Four Point

Hunt In: buna

Pure evil !!!! Plain and simple
Tracy moss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #9
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

These are some evil bastages up there especially NY governor and NY mayor.
Special place in hades for these vile people. They are murderers same as if they bashed the babies head in with a hammer.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #10
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillophil View Post
Yep
Evil has totally taken a firm grip on that party

As I understand the NY law abortion can be done up to full term and if baby survives the attempt it can be killed after birth.....and can be performed by just about anyone you trust to get it done.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillophil View Post
they have no morality,,
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #12
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

They cheered and applauded as he signed this bill, and Cuomo touts himself as a devout Catholic...
Hypocrisy is astounding
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #13
UncleBubba
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.

So you shoot and kill a pregnant woman in NY now and you don't get charged with two counts of murder?
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #14
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBubba View Post
So you shoot and kill a pregnant woman in NY now and you don't get charged with two counts of murder?
Nope, not the way the law reads that his royal a**hole signed.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #15
jer_james
Pope & Young

It's disgusting
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #16
huntandfishguy6
Six Point

Satan is prowling around looking for those he can devour. He is having a feast !
huntandfishguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #17
CEO
Pope & Young

My wife mentioned a few days ago the One World Trade Center was lit pink in celebration of this law. I had to look it up because I remember reading about this particular form of abortion at least a decade ago.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #18
Jerry H
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

They will answer for this one day and they will not be cheering then.
Jerry H is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #19
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

No real Catholic approves of any kind of abortion.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #20
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

Yeah, except part of that same bill changed how ALL unborn are treated. Now, in NY, if a person kills a pregnant mother the person is only charged with killing her, not the unborn child. The bill basically says a baby isn't a baby or a human until he or she is born.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #21
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Andrew Cuomo says pro-lifers are not welcome in the State of New York

https://www.liveaction.org/news/andr...e-of-new-york/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 04:56 AM   #22
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Andrew Cuomo says pro-lifers are not welcome in the State of New York

https://www.liveaction.org/news/andr...e-of-new-york/
Mr. Cuomo, since you undoubtedly support these post birth aborations may I remind you its never to late to practice your beliefs and just self abort. Set an example for all your followers to follow and make the world a better place while you're at it.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #23
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

I read into it a little because of all the outrage. Seems like the major change is allowing late term (after 24 weeks) abortions IF the fetus isn’t viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother. That part of it, to me, is not unreasonable.

I’m not a fan of abortion, and I’d be willing to be that even its supporters are not chomping at the bits to kill babies, as many would have us think. It’s a sad thing, and I think most everyone would agree with that. We need to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies. I’d much rather pay for effective birth control than someone’s unwanted, government (taxpayer) dependent child.

At the end of the day, I can’t take a strong stance against abortion and have a clear conscious. I am not at the front of the line to adopt, for example, a drug addicted child of color. Neither are 99% of the people yelling about it, or foster systems wouldn’t be full of unwanted children. It is a character flaw on my part and I’m not scared to admit it, because I know there are a lot of good folks out there that are trying to adopt.

In my opinion, until you’re ready to stand outside that clinic, flag down the next desperate, sad young lady that walks through that parking lot, and offer to take on the burden of her child, both emotionally and financially, you don’t have a leg to stand on. I think people know that and it gets to them.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #24
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
At the end of the day, I canít take a strong stance against abortion and have a clear conscious. I am not at the front of the line to adopt, for example, a drug addicted child of color. Neither are 99% of the people yelling about it, or foster systems wouldnít be full of unwanted children. It is a character flaw on my part and Iím not scared to admit it, because I know there are a lot of good folks out there that are trying to adopt.

In my opinion, until youíre ready to stand outside that clinic, flag down the next desperate, sad young lady that walks through that parking lot, and offer to take on the burden of her child, both emotionally and financially, you donít have a leg to stand on. I think people know that and it gets to them.
This is why I have always been pro choice. Not loud and proud about it by any means though.
It is usually not a good well rounded person(s) who go in for abortions. You think San Fran, Chicago, Baltimore etc etc are bad now....imagine if abortion had always been illegal??
So by this logic you would think Dems would be against it right? Almost guaranteeing endless millions of future democrats. Instead they support killing their own.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #25
Jason
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches/Rusk County

Quote:
I read into it a little because of all the outrage. Seems like the major change is allowing late term (after 24 weeks) abortions IF the fetus isnít viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother. That part of it, to me, is not unreasonable.
- Read the definition of "health of the mother."
According to Doe Vs. Bolton it's "physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age - relevant to the well-being of the patient."
ie: my mom will be be mad so it's in my best health interest to abort.

Quote:
Iím not a fan of abortion, and Iíd be willing to be that even its supporters are not chomping at the bits to kill babies, as many would have us think. Itís a sad thing, and I think most everyone would agree with that. We need to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies. Iíd much rather pay for effective birth control than someoneís unwanted, government (taxpayer) dependent child.

At the end of the day, I canít take a strong stance against abortion and have a clear conscious. I am not at the front of the line to adopt, for example, a drug addicted child of color. Neither are 99% of the people yelling about it, or foster systems wouldnít be full of unwanted children. It is a character flaw on my part and Iím not scared to admit it, because I know there are a lot of good folks out there that are trying to adopt.

In my opinion, until youíre ready to stand outside that clinic, flag down the next desperate, sad young lady that walks through that parking lot, and offer to take on the burden of her child, both emotionally and financially, you donít have a leg to stand on. I think people know that and it gets to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
This is why I have always been pro choice. Not loud and proud about it by any means though.
It is usually not a good well rounded person(s) who go in for abortions. You think San Fran, Chicago, Baltimore etc etc are bad now....imagine if abortion had always been illegal??
So by this logic you would think Dems would be against it right? Almost guaranteeing endless millions of future democrats. Instead they support killing their own.
My heart breaks at these statements. I would much rather hear an argument over whether or not a fetus is a living being or a mass of tissue than to here things like this. Help me understand how it makes sense to say that they'd rather a person not be born than vote differently? I have family members I love dearly that polar opposite of me politically. I have never thought, "man they should have never been born, that way they wouldn't cast a vote for my political opponent!

And for the record, there are multitudes of people across this country that can't have children and would love that baby being aborted. Like the unborn child, these parents are never given a chance.

As far as it "usually not being a well rounded person who go in for abortions" I would argue that many times it has nothing to do with someone being "well rounded." It has to do with mothers being scared to death. It has to do fear of the unknown future.

Assuming for a second that you are 100% correct and it's a bat $#*t crazy person that goes in for an abortion. Should a psychiatrist have the right to euthanize them if they are deemed crazy and a burden on society? What's the difference between that fetus and the crazy mother desiring an abortion?

At the end of the day, that beating heart in the womb is either a life or it is not. If it's a life, than abortion is murder.

Last edited by Jason; 01-25-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #26
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
I read into it a little because of all the outrage. Seems like the major change is allowing late term (after 24 weeks) abortions IF the fetus isnít viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother. That part of it, to me, is not unreasonable.

Iím not a fan of abortion, and Iíd be willing to be that even its supporters are not chomping at the bits to kill babies, as many would have us think. Itís a sad thing, and I think most everyone would agree with that. We need to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies. Iíd much rather pay for effective birth control than someoneís unwanted, government (taxpayer) dependent child.

The problem is that the law itself reads, ďprotect the life AND HEALTH of the mother. Thatís the key right there. It also allows particular licensed individuals and not necessarily doctors to perform them. So they do the licensing paperwork and then make up any BS that would effect the health of the mother to justify murder
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #27
texasnavy05
Ten Point

After 24 weeks the only legal abortions will be for non viable fetuses or if the mothers life/health is endangered.

But, all of the social media things that I've seen shared seem to insinuate that a healthy pregnancy can now be terminated full term. Which simply isn't the case. Just stirring the pot and firing up the base.

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2019/A21

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
After 24 weeks the only legal abortions will be for non viable fetuses or if the mothers life/health is endangered.

But, all of the social media things that I've seen shared seem to insinuate that a healthy pregnancy can now be terminated full term. Which simply isn't the case. Just stirring the pot and firing up the base.

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2019/A21

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Yep, I was under the impression that it could be a healthy pregnancy. Don't think folks would be near as enraged about non viable fetuses or if the mother's life was in danger.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #29
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

My son was born at 36 weeks, we heard his heartbeat at just under 6 weeks
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #30
jer_james
Pope & Young

Unbelievable - As much as people may not want to discuss it, intercourse is not all pleasure and good times. There are consequences for actions. People need to take responsibility for their actions. There are precautions for a reason.

If you participate in sex, a baby could very well be the result.

Abortion is murder, period.

The only caveat I attach to my belief is if the encounter is not consensual.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #31
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Unbelievable - As much as people may not want to discuss it, intercourse is not all pleasure and good times. There are consequences for actions. People need to take responsibility for their actions. There are precautions for a reason.

If you participate in sex, a baby could very well be the result.

Abortion is murder, period.

The only caveat I attach to my belief is if the encounter is not consensual.
IMO if someone is raped they should have a very short time frame to take a pill that prevents pregnancy. I do not believe in the BS of coming out 5 months later saying I was raped and didn't know he got me pregnant.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #32
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: The river

Evil walks among us, what should we do when we encounter it?
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:21 PM   #33
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Madison Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
Evil walks among us, what should we do when we encounter it?
Pizz on em.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #34
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

I figure any woman that would kill her 9 month old baby would most likely be a poor mother anyway.

What I wonder about is how evil a person must be that could spend all day killing babies then go home and sleep at night
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #35
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I figure any woman that would kill her 9 month old baby would most likely be a poor mother anyway.

What's I wonder about is how evil a person must be that could spend all day killing babies then go home and sleep at night
Yeah, I dont understand it
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2019, 10:47 PM   #36
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Same thing I said minus the month count. Poor (crappy) mothers raise kids with no principles,values and morals and will more than likely be a drain on society. Am I wrong to think that?
Old 01-25-2019, 11:02 PM   #37
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Same thing I said minus the month count. Poor (crappy) mothers raise kids with no principles,values and morals and will more than likely be a drain on society. Am I wrong to think that?
Nope, and that is why I call it a conundrum for the right. They don’t want to abort them or fund/support systems to care for them. But to expect society is somehow going to change for the better is insanity
Old 01-31-2019, 05:05 PM   #38
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
ever heard of adoption?
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 PM   #39
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
ever heard of adoption?
Are you looking at adoption from the current statistics where abortion is legal? Think of the millions and millions of more of kids in line for adoption if abortion was illegal. What % would have been adopted?
Old 01-31-2019, 06:45 PM   #40
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Are you looking at adoption from the current statistics where abortion is legal? Think of the millions and millions of more of kids in line for adoption if abortion was illegal. What % would have been adopted?

Iím not looking at any numbers. I know how difficult it is for people to adopt, hence the reason many adopt overseas which is sad.
What I know is a kid deserves to live and as bad as the adoption system is itís better than being dead! I donít give two craps about the mom or dad, itís about the kid having the right to live.

The answer lies, once again, with personal responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2019, 07:27 PM   #41
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

Quote:
Very few.

I think abortion is morally reprehensible, BUT, I also believe that anyone adamantly opposed better be in line to adopt. The thing is, the vast majority of the militantly anti-abortion folks are all talk. Totally discredits their viewpoint, and in the back of their minds, they know it.

The only people that really have a platform to rally against abortion are those that have adopted babies that were going to be aborted. Theyíre walking the walk. The rest of them are just blowing useless hot air.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 AM   #42
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Abortion is murder.

Any “Christian” that affirms abortion need to do some serious self evaluating
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #43
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Abortion is murder.

Any ďChristianĒ that affirms abortion need to do some serious self evaluating
Exodus 21:22,23 seems to treat the fetus differently?
(Iím asking a question, not being argumentative)
Old 01-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #44
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Exodus 21:22,23 seems to treat the fetus differently?
(Iím asking a question, not being argumentative)
No problem, it is a good question.

I take the word brephos as it is used to describe Jesus in the womb and Jesus in a manger. It is the word for baby and no distinction is made of the two. That ascribes the identity of life pre and post birth.

Also Mary was told that the Messiah was to be conceived in her womb, to me that means Jesus possessed His divine identity at conception, not given it later.

I combine that with Psalm 139:13-16.

Murder in Ex 20 is the taking of innocent life. I think the Bible clearly states that life begins at conception. So abortion is murder and this country is smack in the middle of so much uproar and disunity because of the lack of value that is place on life...life made in the imagoi dei (image of God)

I have a really neat teaching that I read on it I will find and post up. It helps my dumb redneck self be able to grasp the teaching in a way that makes scenes.

It just breaks my heart to see what is being allowed...life is so precious.
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #45
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Abortion is murder.

Any ďChristianĒ that affirms abortion need to do some serious self evaluating
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #46
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: The river

To those who say the baby would just be a ward of the state, or otherwise need us to support it. I ask, why would we kill those that never had a chance, but let the people that have proven themselves needy live? Would retro-active abortion be OK?
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2019, 12:05 AM   #47
Draco
Pope & Young

Quote:
To those who say the baby would just be a ward of the state, or otherwise need us to support it. I ask, why would we kill those that never had a chance, but let the people that have proven themselves needy live? Would retro-active abortion be OK?
My Dad would say not only was he for abortion, he was for it to be retro active to the age of 18. Any time along that you screw up bad enough, he would take us out, all the way out.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #48
Duckologist
Eight Point

Quote:
Would retro-active abortion be OK?
In Virginia it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #49
brysdad
Ten Point

I have a book called Freakanomics. There is a chapter that talks about abortion and crime rates. It’s very interesting.
brysdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #50
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

What's next? The devils work wont stop here...
This is not a conservative vs liberal issue(debate)..
Make no mistake about it.. This is an all out battle of Good vs Evil.... Very DARK times..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top