22” Blackbuck Bow Kill Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22” Blackbuck Bow Kill Video

This is my first real hunt to video and edit (I was not the shooter). Honest critiques welcome! IMO, it needs a ton of work, but somethings I am not sure how to do. I was not impressed with the video quality (may be equipment), and I am still learning the editing software.

Beautiful BB! Nice video IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
      Beautiful BB! Nice video IMO.

Thanks WYO!

Comment

Great vid!! I enjoyed it.

Comment

Good stuff! The first scene a getting into the property seemed a bit long, but other than that I liked it! Never knew how high those suckers could jump till I saw after the shot. That was incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
            Good stuff! The first scene a getting into the property seemed a bit long, but other than that I liked it! Never knew how high those suckers could jump till I saw after the shot. That was incredible!

I agree! Thanks for the feed back. I need to break the driving videos up with something.

Comment

Excellent video! I agree that I think the drive in part was a little long, but overall the video was really good. I hope my first video attempt is half this good. What program did you use to edit?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                Excellent video! I agree that I think the drive in part was a little long, but overall the video was really good. I hope my first video attempt is half this good. What program did you use to edit?

Filmora 9

Thank you for the feed back!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Very nice! I think the video quality was good except maybe the actual BB footage, which looks to be pretty low light. That will give you some "noise" and can throw the white balance off a little. But, I didn't think it was overly poor quality (I only mention it because you did. ) Overall, excellent work! Congrats!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Very nice! I think the video quality was good except maybe the actual BB footage, which looks to be pretty low light. That will give you some "noise" and can throw the white balance off a little. But, I didn't think it was overly poor quality (I only mention it because you did. ) Overall, excellent work! Congrats!
                      Thank you Michael!

Is there anyway to combat the low light noise issues? We actually had to reshoot the "draw back scene" because there wasn't enough light for the go pro to pick it up during the shot.

Comment

Awesome animal and video!!

Comment

It's typically a camera/lens limitation (sensor size, lens aperture, ISO sensitivity). Gopros have small sensors and lenses and therefore need quite a bit of light to get decent footage. What type of camera did you use for the shot (DSLR or camcorder)? Other than slower shutter speed (already appears to be pretty slow) or wider lens aperture, the only option is to crank up the ISO (or gain), which results in the unwanted noise.

There are some "denoiser" plugins for certain editing softwares that can clean up the noise, but it's often at the expense of sharpness.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            It's typically a camera/lens limitation (sensor size, lens aperture, ISO sensitivity). Gopros have small sensors and lenses and therefore need quite a bit of light to get decent footage. What type of camera did you use for the shot (DSLR or camcorder)? Other than slower shutter speed (already appears to be pretty slow) or wider lens aperture, the only option is to crank up the ISO (or gain), which results in the unwanted noise.

There are some "denoiser" plugins for certain editing softwares that can clean up the noise, but it's often at the expense of sharpness.
                            Got it! It is just a camcorder. I have been starting to think about switching over to DSLR. This stuff is addicting. It was almost as much fun videoing as shooting.

Comment

Good video and great BB!

Comment

Working...
                              X