Best Texas romantic get away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Texas romantic get away

Looking for anniversary ideas for next month. Anyone have any recommendations and places to go for a 3 day weekend. Would prefer to keep it in Texas but Oklahoma and Arkansas work.

I was thinking of tapatio springs but some of the reviews recently complain of run down rooms and a/c not working or getting rooms cool.

Lmk your recommendations.

TIA

You’ll prolly get Fredericksburg like 20 times. Me and my girl went in feb right before the big freeze we had an awesome air bnb with a private hot tub , Fireplace in the bedroom - def gave those honeymoon suite vibes. Then of course hit wineries and junk we loved it . One of the best parts of Texas too IMO

Comment

Depends on what you want - something a little less traditional and away from the hill country/beach rut, check out Alpine Texas and area. Stay at the Holland Hotel http://thehollandhoteltexas.com/ for a different type get away.

Comment

The time out off of 155

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with the above! Alpine and Fort Davis can’t be overstated. I also love Wimberly and Jackson for different areas of the state.

Comment

Find yourself an old school place with a water bed...

Comment

I would agree with the Alpine idea. We did that years ago. My wife found a hotel in Alpine, that's kind of interesting. If I remember correctly the main part of the hotel is pretty old, I think has a bar and restaurant, in it. Old stucco Mexican style building, with tile floors. They have cottages back behind the main building, that are each styled differently. It was kind of nice, I would say we really like the one we were in, even being decorated by a pothead hippie type.
              Your not far from the Davis Mountains and Big Bend. We stayed most of our days in Big Bend. Had Big Bend not bee an option for places to go and it was not so big, I might have been more interested to see what was in the Davis Mountains. We took one day up there, drove around saw a few sights and went back to Big Bend.

So far my favorite place my wife and I have stayed, was the place we just got back from. We went to Tennessee, to a place outside of Gatlinburg. I found a cabin on a creek , near the Smoky Mountains. We rented the cabin for two days, it pretty nice. It was a few miles outside the nearest little town. The creek has rainbow trout in it, so we fished the creek, got a fire going in the pit and sat around and had some drinks that first night. The second night we were there was the 4th of July, the locals set of quite a few thousand dollars worth of fireworks, ammo and I am betting some dynamite or other high explosives. They take their 4th of July and fireworks seriously up there.

I would say the two most romantic trips we have taken were our first trip to Alpine and Big Bend, and the Tennessee trip. I definitely liked where we stayed in Tennessee more so than the place in Alpine. Because we were out of town, in the woods and we could walk 30 yards from the cabin and fish.

I would bet there are similar places in Arkansas, if you are truly limiting yourself to Arkansas, as the farthest you will travel.

Comment

You a beach person? We did the Hotel Galvez a couple of years ago. Enjoyed it

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    The time out off of 155

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bob Phillips, Escondito Lodge..
                      Close thread.

Comment

Cibalo Creek Resort outside of Marfa if you are looking to west Tx.
                        Pretty spectacular.

Comment

I heard Waco is a great destination!

Comment

We normally grab an air B&B in POC or Seadrift and fish for a couple of days…

Comment

One other idea I had, but probably not an option, unless you reserve a room way in advance, I hear there is a long waiting list to get a room there. In Big Bend, in the Chisos Basin, there is a resort/hotel. Not sure about the rooms there, never been inside one. The restaurant in the basin is pretty good, very nice view. We tried to get a room there for our last trip the Big Bend, it was booked up for a long ways. So we got a camping spot in the basin. That was pretty nice, even in July, the temps were nice.

I have gotten on some of the facebook or commmy book Big Bend groups, and found that certain rooms in the resort in the basin are fought over. Don't know why some of those rooms have so many people wanting to stay in them. I would like to find out some day.

Comment

Working...
                              X