2021 The Open - Royal St. George’s Golf Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 The Open - Royal St. George’s Golf Course

This is The Open week at Royal St. George’s Golf Course and the official fourth Major of the golf season. It starts Thursday July 15 and hopefully concludes on July 18, 2021.

KMart49 will have the field posted today or tomorrow. This is 5th leg of this year’s 6(?) tournament tour.

Be aware there have been multiple withdrawals from the field. I am certain KMart will get the list of competitors right when it is posted, but if your guy is an on the tee withdrawal on Thursday...tough. St. Andrew, the patron Saint of all TBH Golf rules has notified the Committee the answer to any rules question this week will be, “Play it”.

RULES:

* Pick 6 players for your team. After the final round we will total your 4 best scores for the 4 rounds for your team’s score.

* Losers send Ol'Abe to the winner

* Team entry dead line **** Wednesday July 14, at 12 midnight Tuscaloosa time.

* if you want to change a pick on your team.
    **** It must be (1 player named and added) for (1 player named and removed) by Wednesday midnight July 14, 2021.***

* Playoff - Playoff rules to be announced and it will be the same as The RDM Method used previously. The final rule will be a blind draw from the official hat so there will be only one winner. If there is a change to the playoff method it will be announced midnight on Wednesday.
    Nobody, including RDM, really knows what this method is but The Committee promises it is fair.

* The cost of the computer program to keep up with all of this is $20.00 and will be divvied out of the pot at the end of the tournament to reimburse KMart, who has been doing this out of his pocket.

Other changes will be announced as necessary. As always the decision of the Committee is final.

The Committee

BEACH INFO
    ATTN:Dale Moser drag yourself away from the Flora-BAMA and the Bushwackers long enough to post your entry.
    On a different subject:
    The restaurant across the street at the FB Yacht Club is not bad. Cobalt back at Alabama Point (Fl side) is good. I think the”Point Restaurant “ just acrossthe bridge on the Al. Side and built of a bunch of Containers is supposed to be good but I have never been there. ACME has been having staffing issues so you should call first. On th way in Big Mike’s generally has good steaks, I think there is a place called GT’s on the bay side(left) a little past where you turn right to get to Orange Beach. You can find your signature gin and tonic there with a slice of cucumber. Past that is a place at I think Sprtsman’s Marina at the docks. It is called Playa.
    Last edited by 18ncs; 07-11-2021, 10:51 AM.

Normally what I do is stop by a seafood market and buy some 12-16 co shrimp, a nice piece of fish and some fish heads for the crab trap and we are good to go.
    In other news The Committee will be drawing a name from the official hat after the end of the tournament for a dozen golf balls. The winner of the tournament is not eligible but all other entrants are, even if you don’t make the cut.

Comment

Winner's choice on the dozen golf balls?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Winner's choice on the dozen golf balls?

I guess you are assuming:
        1. your name will be pulled from the hat and
        2. you will not fall victim to some obscure rule in between the draw and the announcement

The Committee will choose from Titleist AVX, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Taylormade, Bridgestone or Old shag balls as the case may be.

As always, the decision of The Committee is final.
        Last edited by 18ncs; 07-11-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
          I guess you are assuming:
          1. your name will be pulled from the hat and
          2. you will not fall victim to some obscure rule in between the draw and the announcement

The Committee will choose from Titleist AVX, Pro V1, Pro V1x, Taylormade, Bridgestone or Old shag balls as the case may be.

As always, the decision of The Committee is final.

Thanks for clearing that little technicality up. Of course my name wont be in the hat since I will be collecting Ole ABEs.

Comment

Read about every player in the field for The 151st Open, with our guide to the competitors at Royal Liverpool.

Hopefully this link to the player list works. Remember it can change. Zach Johnson withdrew today.

Comment

In for the win.

Brooks Koepka
              Rickie Fowler
              Matt Wallace
              Bryson Dechambeau
              Tyrrell Hatton
              Matthew Fitzpatrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's get some teams going for the week!!

Be sure and set your alarms for early morning action.

Comment

I’ll take:

Jon Rahm
                  Xander Schauffele
                  Jordan Spieth
                  Dustin Johnson
                  Joaquin Niemann
                  Collin Morikawa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Harris English
                    Mark Leishman
                    Xander Schauffle
                    Adam Scott
                    Jordan Speith
                    Lee Westwood

Comment

Jon Rham
                      Bryson DeChambeau
                      Brooks Koepka
                      Patrick Cantlay
                      Daniel Berger
                      Scottie Scheffler
                      Last edited by Chuy; 07-12-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

And we're off....

Paul Casey
                        Dustin Johnson
                        Rory McIlroy
                        Louis Oosthuizen
                        Jon Rahm
                        Patrick Reed

Comment

Justin Thomas
                          Brooks Koepka
                          Viktor Hovland
                          Jordan Spieth
                          Lee Westwood
                          Xander Schauffele

Comment

Lot of players staying home. Think 4 more today said no thanks.......

Comment

Xander
                              Spieth
                              Brooks
                              Louis O.
                              Cam Smith
                              Justin Thomas

Comment

Working...
                              X