Opinions of 300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions of 300 Blackout

What does the Green Screen have to comment about the 300 Blackout?

Killed a bunch of hogs with my buddies 300 blackout at 125 yards or closer. It works great but my way of thinking is if you're not suppressed you might as well get something else that shoots flatter and hits harder at further distances.

Comment

It has about the ballistics of a light .357mag load. Hollywood quiet with can through a bolt rifle but range is limited enough it doesn’t seem like an optimal hunting option.

Comment

I’m not a big fan of it. We’ve shot several animals with it and other than head shots we’ve had poor performance, little to no knock down power and poor blood trails, even with the bullets that we’re supposed to be the best. I sold both of the guns I had.

Comment

I got in on 300BO early on, 7" barrel w/ a can. It's the favorite for friends and family when shooting 50y and in because of how quiet it is. That's about all i use it for these days. I won't get rid of it, but i don't use it for anything other than that. There are too many more useful rounds.

Comment

Lol, I'm in the same boat, trying to decide if the 300 BO is my next truck gun. Already have a very nice sight and can, just weighing options.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold mine bc pigs on the run just suck the bullets up. I had hot reloads too

Comment

6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC are better options, IMO
                I had a 300 BO, not suppressed with a 16" barrel. it would do the job, but it just was not enough gun in some cases.
                I have 6.5 Grendel now with no complaints.

Comment

Lackluster round. Cool when suppressed with subs but not enough knockdown and if shooting supers you may as well shoot a better caliber. I suggest 6.5G or good ole 233 with a 60+ grain soft point

Comment

This thread has restored my faith in humanity!

I agree with every comment in here....... so far.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      Killed a bunch of hogs with my buddies 300 blackout at 125 yards or closer. It works great but my way of thinking is if you're not suppressed you might as well get something else that shoots flatter and hits harder at further distances.
                      This is my thought. I have a couple of ARs chambered in 300BLK and if you're shooting subsonic you really need to have your shot placement on point b/c they don't hit hard enough to bring pigs down with body shots. Supersonic is a little better but you're kind of defeating the purpose.

Really wish I had my 6.5 Grendel back

Comment

Only if it’ll be suppressed and then there’s still better options.

Comment

I love mine.

I've killed a truckload of pigs with it. Anywhere from 5 yards all the way out to 300. I do not shoot subs. I load my own 110gn TacTX, and they're pretty hot.

Biggest pig was well over 300lbs (no scale, weight by tape measure and formula - Heart girth x heart girth x length / 400).

Comment

Meh.. it’s not bad within 150 yards shooting the Barnes tac-Tx.. I have a 300 blk but swapped over to 7.62x39 and have been very happy with it

Comment

not impressed at all. if you don't have a suppressor there is no reason to buy one for hunting purposes in my mind. very underwhelming

Comment

Working...
                              X