Quick Attach Brush Thasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Attach Brush Thasher

Been looking seriously at getting one of these.

Can't afford a track skid steer.....

Long video but it you get bored go to about 10 minutes.

Second video pretty good from start

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ac1dcOm98"]Quick Attach Brush Thrasher - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNq2V1iHG_k"]The Hollow Plot - YouTube[/ame]

Good looking cutter, just be careful of stobs it leaves behind because they can puncture tractor tires.

Brent

Comment

We used a woods tree cutter which is similar and it worked pretty good. They use them to mow high line right of ways.

Comment

If its only a one shot deal, would it be cheaper to pay a mulcher for a day or two, or go rent one and run yourself?

If not, that attachment looks pretty cool. Might go ahead and buy a neck brace though, because its going to hurt after all that backing up!

Good point mentioned above about watching for stubs to puncture a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kinda like a poor man's skid steer attachment. I'll use it for other thing.

I had a mulcher come in. Those area need attention or sprayed often to keep the stuff from growing back.

Comment

Well Stan if it works like the same attachment on a skid steer, you won't have to worry about stubble and such. One of my lease members and friend has the skid steer version and he cleared some areas out on our South Texas place with it. That sucker will take anything down to the dirt! Even below the dirt if you want it to... Amazing machines On mesquite/huisache and cactus, he could just drive through it almost like a mower. It not only cut everything in its path, it mulched it up and left almost do debris bigger than a flip-flop! I'd love to have one for my tractor!!

Comment

If it doesn't pick the front tires up... the bush hog gets it

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                If its only a one shot deal, would it be cheaper to pay a mulcher for a day or two, or go rent one and run yourself?

If not, that attachment looks pretty cool. Might go ahead and buy a neck brace though, because its going to hurt after all that backing up!

Good point mentioned above about watching for stubs to puncture a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                You hit the nail on the head, I’ve been checking into something like this for several years and had a mulcher in last year and he’s back again waiting for it to dry up. Guy I used had it ground it down to small chips, disc that up after it rots and you got some good fertilizer. Still looking at what might pop up

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Well Stan if it works like the same attachment on a skid steer, you won't have to worry about stubble and such. One of my lease members and friend has the skid steer version and he cleared some areas out on our South Texas place with it. That sucker will take anything down to the dirt! Even below the dirt if you want it to... Amazing machines On mesquite/huisache and cactus, he could just drive through it almost like a mower. It not only cut everything in its path, it mulched it up and left almost do debris bigger than a flip-flop! I'd love to have one for my tractor!!

I’m sure your guys used a mulcher and not a simple shredder like the the OP questioned

Comment

Brent, it looked exactly like that pic only larger. Bourland on here is the guy and he has a landscaping business in the Austin area... It was not one of those horizontally rotating stump-grinding looking things like they use here in East Texas. It just looked like a shredder on steroids. Whatever it was, it was an amazing machine! Looked like a lot of fun to run too!! Well it'd be fun as long as that A/C in the enclosed cab worked!! Between the bees and heat in the South Texas Summer, it's be suicide without a climate controlled cab!

Comment

I will post pictures if I can figure out how to use the generic go pro.

My expectations are that it will take out 2 to 3 inch junk and underbrush.

Then will allow me to take care of those areas.

I do need to clear my back fence line and should work great on that leaving most fo the big stuff.

Comment

I just watched the second vid but I didn’t see him cut anything that my Rhino wouldn’t cut. If I have some sho ‘nuff brush to cut I rent a skid steer with a sho ‘nuff brush cutter on it. The one I rent has a stump grinder in the middle of the cutter. It will take stumps down even with the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          I just watched the second vid but I didn’t see him cut anything that my Rhino wouldn’t cut. If I have some sho ‘nuff brush to cut I rent a skid steer with a sho ‘nuff brush cutter on it. The one I rent has a stump grinder in the middle of the cutter. It will take stumps down even with the ground.
                          Looked at Rhino tw36; Landpride makes one that has similar specs Both are built tough. Baumalight makes a tough rotary cutter but very pricey. I'm wanting the back end open
                          Last edited by Stan R; 07-11-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I've been looking at those things, too. Brown makes one, Baumalight, and Lane Shark makes one that mounts to loader on the front of the tractor. It's hydraulic drive. Some of them are pricey.

Comment

I looked at Land Shark and the one made by Modern Ag. Neither would do what I wanted.
                              Most of the brown Cutters are double what I'm looking at.

Toy are expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X