Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Bryan and I will be leaving Porter around 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
      They didn't ice about 100 trout and 30 reds from our first day this past summer and when they opened the cooler to add fish it smelled like death, or like a cooler full of fish that had been sitting on the back deck of a boat in the sun for 12 hours. They quickly tried to put ice on them and we pointed out the fish were rotten and spoiled but they still iced them. On the way back in we told them to not clean those fish and mix them with our fish from the second day as they were falling apart in their hands when they picked them up they were so rotten. They just laughed and disregarded what we requested and mixed all the fish together. Most of us refused fish at the dock out of concern for obvious reasons. A couple guys took bags home and ended up having to dump more than half the bags they brought home from being rancid.

I did a write up on this earlier last year after our experience, in this thread actually I believe. We had gone with the Compass Rose before and had a blast, fishing was great, both times. Helps that we have guys that are avid fishermen to begin with. The wasting of the essentially 200+ trout and 50 or so redfish ruined it for me. The owner was aware of our dissatisfaction and was made aware of my review on here and never even called to apologize for the wasted fish, all he did was complain that we tipped lower than he was expecting (FYI, we tipped over $1000 that was directed to be given to the captain and the one deckhand that actually worked, in my previous post I said we tipped $700, but was made aware three of the other guys added $100 each at the end).

I am not sharing this again to ruin anyone's trip, I'm sharing this to give a warning that you need to check and make sure all of these things are covered, even after they hurry you out of the boat after each outing, go back and check that it's done and to the standard that you want your future FOOD to be handled.

Good luck and give em he11 guys, those islands are one of a kind. I will continue to make trips to them, just will be using a different outfit in the future because the way that things were handled after the fact.

I can 100% guarantee that David will make sure the fish are iced or someone will end up in a crab trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        Me and Damon will be there next week... leave a few for us!
        I'll leave you some cull and management trout!

Comment

Go get em.

Comment

Good luck ladies … y’all stack em up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              I'll leave you some cull and management trout!
              They cook like the trophies!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I can 100% guarantee that David will make sure the fish are iced or someone will end up in a crab trap.

I bet he would! Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                  They didn't ice about 100 trout and 30 reds from our first day this past summer and when they opened the cooler to add fish it smelled like death, or like a cooler full of fish that had been sitting on the back deck of a boat in the sun for 12 hours. They quickly tried to put ice on them and we pointed out the fish were rotten and spoiled but they still iced them. On the way back in we told them to not clean those fish and mix them with our fish from the second day as they were falling apart in their hands when they picked them up they were so rotten. They just laughed and disregarded what we requested and mixed all the fish together. Most of us refused fish at the dock out of concern for obvious reasons. A couple guys took bags home and ended up having to dump more than half the bags they brought home from being rancid.

I did a write up on this earlier last year after our experience, in this thread actually I believe. We had gone with the Compass Rose before and had a blast, fishing was great, both times. Helps that we have guys that are avid fishermen to begin with. The wasting of the essentially 200+ trout and 50 or so redfish ruined it for me. The owner was aware of our dissatisfaction and was made aware of my review on here and never even called to apologize for the wasted fish, all he did was complain that we tipped lower than he was expecting (FYI, we tipped over $1000 that was directed to be given to the captain and the one deckhand that actually worked, in my previous post I said we tipped $700, but was made aware three of the other guys added $100 each at the end).

I am not sharing this again to ruin anyone's trip, I'm sharing this to give a warning that you need to check and make sure all of these things are covered, even after they hurry you out of the boat after each outing, go back and check that it's done and to the standard that you want your future FOOD to be handled.

Good luck and give em he11 guys, those islands are one of a kind. I will continue to make trips to them, just will be using a different outfit in the future because the way that things were handled after the fact.
                  Wow I understand that's horrible

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember that story from last year. I would have been ******.

Comment

DUKFVR has his iced tea ready and an itinerary for tomorrow. Wish me luck guys

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post

[emoji23]

Comment

He told us on the group text that he was very excited about all of us meeting his daughter. Looking forward to it ma'am

Comment

See y’all boys there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              He told us on the group text that he was very excited about all of us meeting his daughter. Looking forward to it ma'am
                              Fvr Jr would sure make a really big and ugly girl.

Comment

I can only imagine!

Comment

Working...
                                X