Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a mound of deer antlers(what to do with them?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a mound of deer antlers(what to do with them?)

I have every deer antler I have ever killed since I was a kid. Cleaning out everything what do I do with them all? Trash would be my last resort.

Dog chews.

Comment

We have a wall in the barn where they all get mounted (other than shoulder mounts). Its a great conversation piece for new hunters or non-hunters. Nothing fancy, just some drywall screws mounted to the plywood. They all have a story to tell.

Comment

Some of the "junk" dealers out it the antique shows might buy them.

Comment

i have 5' net wire fence around my back yard-- ive been hanging my sheds and old racks across the top of it-- it looks pretty nice.

got a friend that has an ornamental windmill (like a 10-12 footer) in his yard and hangs antlers on that- that looks nice too.

Comment

You could make a bunch of bottle openers, corkscrews, and wine stops as Christmas presents. I did that one year and everyone seemed to like them. I’ll see if I can dig up some pictures.

Comment

Shed tree

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If they are in good shape, I would cut them up for dog chews and sell them. Take a look at the local pet store to see size and price, and cut their price by 50%. A short afternoon with a bandsaw would put a little gas in the tank to help offset hunting costs.

Comment

Either make something cool. Or sell them antlers sell by the pound for pretty good money

Comment

Pen makers may be interested

Comment

Think twice about making dog chews, our dog cracked a tooth chewing them. Vet says they get a lot of dogs in for tooth extractions because of them.

Comment

You might look on utube and see what can be made with them. Not sure what you have but I've made pens, key chains, fan pulls, bbq tool handles, and other stuff with antlers. Not the easiest material to work with and not all are usable but it's pretty cool to have something else to remember the animal with! Before you throw them away I'll pay for shipping and send you something back I made with them.

Comment

If they have good crowns and diameter is right, id be interested in them for knife handles

Comment

PM sent

Comment

If I knew how to spell chandaleer I’d say make into big shandalier. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X