AC Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Thermostat

I have a White-Rodgers 1F89-211 thermostat in my house. The button to turn the temp up is not working. Can i change this out with any thermostat from Lowes or is there a difference. Dont need a fancy digital one or anything. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, just get what strikes your fancy.

Comment

Make sure it's for a heat pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
        Make sure it's for a heat pump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Thank you, I will keep that in mind. I know its a heat pump but wouldnt have thought about that with this.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
          Yes, just get what strikes your fancy.
          Something simple strikes it just fine, I definitely dont need something I cant operate. [emoji3]

Comment

Be sure you kill power to the furnace before changing it as well. This will keep you from blowing a fuse.

Comment

Bit of advice:

Since you have a wire running to the “c” terminal, do not put batteries in the new one. That’s what made your batteries get all corroded and is what killed your existing thermostat. Even if there is a place for batteries, do not put them in.

As for which one to get, there’s plenty of choices that will all work fine. Make sure it’s for a heat pump and the terminals should have the same markings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                Be sure you kill power to the furnace before changing it as well. This will keep you from blowing a fuse.
                Will for sure shut the power off. I didnt know about blowing a fuse but figured Id turn it off. I assume its a low voltage wire but Im not familiar enough to try it without shutting it off.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  Bit of advice:

Since you have a wire running to the “c” terminal, do not put batteries in the new one. That’s what made your batteries get all corroded and is what killed your existing thermostat. Even if there is a place for batteries, do not put them in.

As for which one to get, there’s plenty of choices that will all work fine. Make sure it’s for a heat pump and the terminals should have the same markings.
                  Thanks for that info. I honestly didnt know there were batteries in there until a couple of weeks ago when it started having issues. Saw the corroded batteries and changed them out.

Ive been looking at Lowes and several say they are compatible with aux/em heat pump so thats where I will start looking.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
                    Thanks for that info. I honestly didnt know there were batteries in there until a couple of weeks ago when it started having issues. Saw the corroded batteries and changed them out.

Ive been looking at Lowes and several say they are compatible with aux/em heat pump so thats where I will start looking.

If you use lithium batteries they do not leak.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                      If you use lithium batteries they do not leak.
                      Thats good to know, thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X