Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Called in a bobcat this evening but.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called in a bobcat this evening but.........

He ran off after I shot. Called him in to about 65 yards or so and put the crosshairs behind the shoulder and let one fly. He jumped about 4 foot in the air and ran about 25 yards or so into some cedars and I lost sight of him. Fur was all over where he was when I shot him but no sign of blood. What do y'all think, did I hit him or just graze him or what?

He dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's hit. They're tuff, and don't bleed much. I've had several run off. I killed one about the size of a house cat with a 30-06 that ran almost 60 yards. Shoulder shot.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot one myself last night with my bow. Had blood for 10 yds then nada. Looked for an hour and couldn’t find him

Comment

I was shootin a .223 and from that range I can't believe he ran off but that was about 30 minutes before dark and it was so thick in there I didn't know where to start after he wasn't where I thought he was

He was a nice one too. Gosh dang it..........That sucks.
          Last edited by okrattler; 12-06-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I think I either took out his lungs or hit him right in the shoulder. He couldn't have gone much more than 50 yards I wouldn't think.

Comment

Look in the tree

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                Look in the tree
                You know somethin......I honestly didn't think of that. Their first instinct when they're scared is to climb. So may be in there.

Comment

The winter coat can absorb a lot of blood before it starts dripping on the ground, especially with a 22 caliber bullet on a high hit if you didn’t get much expansion. So be sure to look for blood rubbed onto higher limbs/brush. Also just like deer, wounded cats will usually stick to trails they know rather than just run at random, so follow any visible trails you might find in the area.

Comment

Since I have to work tomorrow unfortunately I have a buddy of mine going out to look for him tomorrow. I marked everything and told him the last place I saw him. He's a dang good tracker and all around good hunter so if anyone can find him he can. He's been killin critters a long time.

Comment

He was dead before you went to look at the point of impact!

Comment

The biggest bobcat I ever saw was in OK near the northern border

Comment

I had a pretty ****** off one in a snare today before I dispatched him with a 22mag.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBob View Post
                            The biggest bobcat I ever saw was in OK near the northern border
                            This one right here I'm talking about was big and he was probably the prettiest one I've seen.

Comment

I tracked one that doubled back on his trail. All total, that cat ran about 60 yards. It had been shot with a 150gr 30.06 bullet through the shoulders. Very tricky trail.

Comment

Working...
                              X