• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost go time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      For those that were curious, this is what the governors tag buyer killed. Super nice guy, glad to have met him, and a great new friend to have.

I guess I’ll be the one to say it... bet you’re regretting selling that tag about now or will be in the future

Good luck, hope you get you one of those beautiful white sheep! Will be following along living through the pictures and updates til I can do the same one day.

Comment

Tagged for updates.

I'm looking at a T3X Superlite for my wife n .243. Where did you find one with that stock?

Comment

In... good luck!

Comment

For those that were curious, this is what the governors tag buyer killed. Super nice guy, glad to have met him, and a great new friend to have.

He got a stud! Why do sheep hunters always pose the head like that?

Comment

That is a toad of a sheep but I think you did good. A multi-species AK hunt is my bucket list.

Comment

The NMWSF auctions off one desert and one rocky tag each year, plus raffles one of each off. You can look up the history on what they sell for, it’s not chump change!

Oh I know. Just didn’t know they raffled one off too. Hard decision but probably one I would make also. Make some money and still go on an incredible dream hunt. Win win.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    He got a stud! Why do sheep hunters always pose the head like that?
                    The intent is threefold for sheep hunters:

1) show off curl on the sheep
                    2) Best display of age rings from that angle, which helps signify a mature ram
                    3) Best display of mass at that angle.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                      The intent is threefold for sheep hunters:

1) show off curl on the sheep
                      2) Best display of age rings from that angle, which helps signify a mature ram
                      3) Best display of mass at that angle.
                      Thanks, I knew there had to be a reason since it’s the majority of the poses I see

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Thanks, I knew there had to be a reason since it’s the majority of the poses I see
                        Well, you learn something every day. This was my pearl for 9/3/2020. Thanks!

Comment

Just found out Outlook got his sheep! Here’s the email I got and a couple pics he was able to send via satellite:

“Got it done late yesterday, 10.5 mile hike with 2400’ elevation. We were on the mountain 14 hours, got back a little after midnight after a sketchy 5 mile hike out in the dark. Butchered the sheep and left it laid out on some rocks. Will hike back up this morning to bring everything down, then either spend the night at another spike camp, or head back towards base camp depending on time.”

Next up is the bear tag.

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man,that's awesome! Sounds like a **** cool hunt! Thanks for posting the pics

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X